Thursday, October 1, 2015

J. Crew - September (IV)

Last week I took advantage of the latest sale at JC so I went to pick up the Pixie Pants I had set aside. It was a good opportunity to look through the latest arrivals. One item which I had already tried on the week before while I was in Baltimore, was the Excursion Quilted Vest in Buffalo Check. This time I tried on size S, my usual size in vests at JC, and it was a much better fit. The pants are the Pixie Pants (size 2, navy). I already have these in black and I like and wear them a lot. The shoes are the Georgie Suede Penny Loafers (size 8 1/2, cabernet). These shoes were on sale, and another 30% applied, so they came home with me as well. They are one half size larger than I normally wear in J. Crew shoes. I loved the colour and the comfortable feel of these shoes.

 Pixie Pants (similar here, here, here)
Georgie Suede Penny Loafers (similar here, here, here, here)

Next is the Jeweled Striped T-Shirt (size S, heather ash). The tee is a cotton/poly/vicose mix. The jewels are pretty and colourful, but quite heavy on the T-shirt material, in my opinion.

Jeweled Striped T-Shirt

This season I have been liking JC's shirts a lot and even ended up getting a couple of them, both in vertical stripe. Here's another one that is on my wishlist as well. It is the Boy Shirt in Bold Stripe (size 4, white), all cotton. Size 4 is my usual JC shirt size.

Boy Shirt in Bold Stripe (similar here)

Tweed Sweater-Jacket With Fringe Trim (size M, navy multi) is pretty and quite warm, as the yarn is all merino wool. Size M is one size larger than my usual size, but I didn't see size S in the store to coampare.

Tweed Sweater-Jacket With Fringe Trim (similar here, here)

Lastly, my favourite piece, the Long-Sleeve Speckled Chiffon Dress (size 4, black). I grabbed size 4 by mistake, as I normally would fit better into size 6. The dress is made of silk and is very pretty, although too short on me (I am 5'6", for reference).

Long-Sleeve peckled Chiffon Dress  (similar here, here, here)

That was all the photos I took this time around, but I will end up downtown again for an appointment next weekend, so a JC visit is very likely. Have you been taking advantage of the recent sales at JC? If so, what did you get? Please share!

Hope your week has been going well so far and have a great weekend, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for pointing out that last dress, Rose. I didn't notice it but it is very pretty and hot rave reviews online. I couldn't believe my eyes when I read silk, lol! Now, if they only could do another 30% promo! Thanks for the reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am certain a 30% promo is just around the corner! Hope you are able to get it. Thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for these reviews. I don't shop much these days and if I do, most of my budget goes to other brands now, so I was surprised to find a couple things at J. Crew that I really like, the ribbed boatneck tunic in heather loden, and the Collection silk cardigan top in sherwood green (right now I'm really drawn to moss and forest greens). Other than that, nothing else has caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both pieces you got are very pretty. Enjoy them! Hopefully we will see something exciting i the next roll-out. :)

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.