Thursday, September 24, 2015

J. Crew - September (III)

Last week I was away in Baltimore and was nicely surprised to see how nice and warm the weather was there. To top it all, on Saturday it was a scorching (for me, anyway) 29 deg C. So it felt quite strange to try on winter clothes, such as the Excursion Quilted Vest in Buffalo Check (size M, navy ivory). I am usually a size S in this vest, but there wasn't a small size in sight. I expect this will sell quickly at JC, as the buffalo check is always a popular pattern. The skirt is the Wool Zip Pencil Skirt (size 4, pink), my skirt size at JC. I like my pencil skirts, and this is a favourite.

Excursion Quilted Vest in Buffalo Check (similar here, here, here)
Wool Zip Pencil Skirt (similar here, here, here)

Another vest was the Plus Fleece Excursion Vest (size M, navy). This is again one size larger than I normally wear, but it seems size S was already sold out in the store, so it was a bit large on me. The fleece was a bit stiff, but hopefully it would soften a bit with wear.

Plus Fleece Excursion Vest (similar here, here, here)

Jeweled Crewneck Sweater (size S, navy) is all merino wool and felt soft on the skin. There is no need for jewelry when wearing this sweater, as the neckline is embellished with colourful stones. The sweater fits TTS on me.

 Jeweled Crewneck Sweater (similar here, here)

My favourite for last, the Cobalt Leopard Sweater (size S, navy), with a new take on the kitty prints. The front panel is silky to the feel, but I forgot to check the fabric content on the label. The website only mentions merino wool as the content. If this print appeals to you, there is also the Silk Blouse in Cobalt Leopard, the Jacquard Scarf in Cobalt Leopard as well as the Perfect Shirt in Cobalt Leopard.  I tried on the perfect shirt but size 4, my usual shirt size was too tight across the chest on me, and I didn't have enought time to ask for a larger size. Maybe I will try it this weekend.

Cobalt Leopard Sweater (similar here, here, here)

That's all for now. I also visited Madewell last weekend, so hope to post those photos soon as well.

Hope your week is winding down nicely and have a great weekend, everyone!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will be deleted.