Monday, July 6, 2015

J. Crew - July

Yesterday my friend and I had lunch downtown and popped briefly inside the JC store, as always when we are in the area. :)  Last time I was in the store I had seen the Geo Brushstroke Sundress (size 4), but I didn't have the time to try it on. The regular size is short on me, but luckily it also comes in Tall sizes for those who prefer a bit more length. Size 4 is the smaller of my two dress sizes at J. Crew. It's a pretty, colourful dress.


Geo Brushstroke Sundress (similar here, here, here)

I loved the look of the pencil skirt (item C6038, size 2, ivory). It is priced at $113.00 Cdn and I gather it is a new item because it is not on the website yet. Plus it was placed at the front of the store, where new stock that just came in is usually placed. Dummy me I didn't take a look at the fabric content, but I think it is either a cotton/linen blend or linen, because that's what it felt like. It has beautiful white eyelet stitching and it's lined. The top is the Cropped Shell (size 4, black). This is also my most common top size at JC these days. The shell has some folds on the front, along with a few rows of matching lace. The back has a keyhole with ties. I liked the top because it is cotton, so light and comfortable for the summer.

 Cropped Shell (similar here, here, here)
White Pencil Skirt (item C6083)(similar here, here, here)

Another interesting top with side tassels (item C7010, size XS, white). Extra Small is one size smaller than I normally wear at JC. Tassels seem to be in this summer, as I have noticed quite a few retailers have them.

White Top (C7010)(similar here, here, here)

Another pretty top is the Notched Shell in Embellished Polynesian Floral (size 6). I took a larger size than I normally wear in tops because the top seemed narrow across the chest. I think If you are built tlike me, it may be a good idea to size up in this one.

Notched Shell in Embellished Polynesian Floral (similar here, here, here)

Lastly, a photo I took the week before, I believe. it is the Metallic Linen Scoop Tee (size S, gunmetal). I liked this tee because it would go nicely with the silver loafers I got last year. The tee is hadnwashable as it is quite delicate.

Metallic Linen Scoop Tee (similar here, here, here)

What else I am liking at J. Crew right now:
How about you? What do you like at J. Crew irght now? Please share!

Hope your week has started well, and have a sae Tuesday out there!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the reviews. I just bought the cropped shell in black. I'm not sure why it's called cropped, as it hits at my hip bone. I really like the lace and tie back details. Pondering what I'm going to wear with it.

    I'm not a big fan of tassels on tops, but the white on white print is very pretty.

    I love that new pencil skirt. I hope it shows up on-line. I thought there was going to be a mini roll-out yesterday, but I didn't see anything new.
    I think the skirt looks especially nice with the Polynesian top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very versatile top, but would probably work best with light-coloured bottoms. I like ecru on the bottom in particular with a black top.

      I am still waiting to see what this skirt is too. :)

      Delete
  2. Hello, I keep looking for the white pencil skirt on the J. Crew website and it has not shown up. If you happen to spot it, will you let us know? I think it looks wonderful on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, another mom. Did we miss it completely? LOL I will definitely update my tags once it shows up. Thank you, and thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.