Sunday, February 8, 2015

J. Crew- February (II)

Yesterday a friend and I stopped by the Village in West Van and naturally, a drop in at J. Crew was in order. The store had items from the new roll-out on display. Among my favourites, the Mixed Stripe Sweater in 'navy champagne,' size S. I loved the cotton/linen mix and the look of this sweater, which fits TTS.

Mixed Stripe Sweater (similar here, here, here)

Indigo Gauze Popover size 4, my most common shirt size at J. Crew fits large on me, so I would probably go with a smaller size. The fabric is light, but not gauze-like, as expected. It was one of my favourites from the new arrivals, and it is still one after trying it on. The jeans are the Reid Jeans in Black Wash size 27, my jeans size in matchsticks and bootcuts. I usually take 28 in the toothpicks. These were on super sale for $49.99 minus an additional 30%, so I took them home.


The Mixed Print Tee, which looks cute in real life. I am trying on size S in 'navy dusty alabaster' here.

 Mixed Print Tee (more mixed prints here, here, here)

And lastly for now, the Downing Hobo Bag in 'english saddle,' another favourite from the new arrivals. The bag is very light and a bit bigger than most of my hobo bags.


Through February 12, you can get 25% off "shirts, sweaters, tees & more" at J. Crew with code CLOSETLOVE. Are you shopping this sale? If so, what did you get? Please share.

Hope you all had a restful weekend, and have a great Monday out there!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, Rose. I love the Mixed Stripe sweater, not quite sure how I'd style it, though.
    I'm curious about the new pants, mainly the Martie and Ryder. Did you see/try any of them on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi maryeb! I was just thinking that maybe the sweater would work with the Asymmetrical Zip Pencil Skirt in ivory if the whites are close enough to each other. Otherwise, dark bottoms it is. My double serge pencil skirt in red would work also.

      I haven't seen them, but then I didn't look for them. I will try this weekend.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.