Saturday, November 1, 2014

J. Crew - November

Earlier today CC amd I met for lunch downtown and we ended up at JC to check out the new arrivals. I liked quite a few from the new rollout, and was happy to see them in the local store. One of my favourites was the Leather Panel Dress (size 6, 'navy multi'). This is my dress size at JC. I loved the colours and the length aboe the knee. I am 5'6", for reference.


Pop Art Rose Tee (size S, 'ivory') is much cuter in real life than in the website photo. I liked the gold petals. They look silver on the website, but they are actually gold. The skirt is the Asymmetrical Zip Pencil Skirt in Wool (size 4) I tried before here. This time I wanted to see how the 'ivory' version looked.

Pop Art Rose Tee (similar here, here)
 Asymmetrical Zip Pencil Skirt in Wool (similar here, here, here)

Another favourite of mine was the Mohair Cardigan (size S). I am trying on the 'heather lavender' one, but this sweater comes in five other colours as well. Fits TTS.

Mohair Cardigan (similar here, here, here)

Lastly for now, the Mixed-Stitch Blanket Sweater (size S, 'black white carbon'). This is my usual size in sweaters at JC, but this one fits narrow across the chest because of the 2-colour yarn used in the design. I liked the texture (76% cotton, 24% wool) of it a lot.

Mixed-Stitch Blanket Sweater (similar here, here, here)

What else I liked at J. Crew today:
Code FALLSALE will get you 30% off fall styles (or 40% off with code CARDSONLY if you own a JC credit card) through November 4. Are you shopping for anything this sale? If so, what did you get? Please share!

Hope you are all having a restful weekend!


8 comments:

  1. I especially love the mohair, but I find it and lambs wool impossibly itchy! It always makes me so sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to read this, Wendy! I love mohair!

      Delete
  2. Same for me, Wendy. I love that color and style in the mohair cardigan but it was incredibly itchy.

    I wish I had somewhere to wear that white wool zip pencil skirt, it's really pretty! The leather panel dress is different for J. Crew and I like it. Not sure about that last sweater, it's a little bit Cosby for me, but I haven't seen it in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about you too, cate! Lucky I have an office job, i guess. :) Skirts is what I wear almost 90% of the time. Ten percent is dresses and pants, but would prefer dresses, if more would fit me better.

      Delete
  3. The dress looks wonderful on you. I noticed Erica Hill wearing it on the Today Show yesterday morning.
    The tee and sweater make a great outfit paired with the zip skirt. I really like the skirt, but restrained myself from buying it as I don't often wear skirts this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, maryeb! I loved both colourways of this dress!

      Delete
  4. I have just recently discovered the cashmere tees...where have I been. Of course you are stunning but the skirt looks particularly well on your figure...did you get?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cashmere tees are great! Glad you like them, BB! The skirt is on my wishlist right now but hope to get it when it hits sale.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.