Sunday, November 23, 2014

J. Crew - November (IV)

It happened that I was downtown this weekend, so I made a stop at J. Crew again to check out a few things. I hadn't noticed the Wool Side-Zip Cable Sweater before. I tried on size S, but this is massive. It is supposed to fit large, but this is a bit too much sweater for me, so I would size down. The cables are knit at an angle. At first I thought the sweater was fitting twisted on me. The pants are the Tailored Wool Pant (size 2 and 'electric red' colour. I think these pants fit large, in my opinion. They are a little bit short, for my liking, but they felt extremely comfortable and soft.

Wool Side-Zip Cable Sweater (similar here, here, here)
Tailored Wool Pant (similar here, here, here)

More red, this time a 'bright cerise' in this Drapey Tuxedo Top, size 4, my most common top size at JC. The colour and cut of this top are beautiful. I could have sworn the fabric was silk, and then I noticed the label said poly. The colour is similar to my Cajun Shrimp Opi toenail polish.

Tailored Wool Pant

More 'electric red' in the Dolman Sweater With Rib Trim, size XS. This is one size smaller than my usual sweater size, but it still fits large. I love the softness of the wool/nylon/viscose mix.

Tailored Wool Pant

Lastly, the Seamed Panel Tee in 'misty orchid' and size S. I also liked the 'pearl oyster' as well as the 'navy.' The one I tried on was a bit sheer so I would recommend a nude bra underneath.


What's on my Christmas wishlist from J. Crew:
What's on yours? Code SHOPNOW will get you 30% off select regular priced merchandise or an additional 30% off sale item. Our stores are offering an additional 40% off sale items, so I was able to score the Asymmetrical Zip Pencil SKirt in Houndstooth this weekend. I had received a JC Rewards card in the mail last week, so it came out really cheap.

Hope you all had a great weekend, and have a safe Monday out there!

4 comments:

  1. I love those trousers but can't cope with cold ankles, how do you wear them out in winter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Tabs! My ankles are the first to get cold.

      Delete
  2. Every time I see that twisted cable sweater I want to 'straighten' it out.
    Thanks for the reviews, so many pretty red items to choose from. I am most interested in the Drapey Tuxedo Top. It looks really nice on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, maryeb! :) Yes, I love the reds as well! I loved that top in all the colours!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.