Monday, September 1, 2014

J. Crew - September

A couple of weekends ago, while visiting Seattle with CC, we stopped briefly at J. Crew as well. The new arrivals were in, but a lot of them seemed to be already sold out in my size. Initially, I didn't take the Regent Blazer to try it on but after seeing it on CC I wanted to check it out as well. I liked the longer fit than that of the Schoolboy Blazer. As I am looking for more jackets these days, I am putting this on my list. I might even go for a tall size, to get a slightly longer jacket. I am wearing size 6, for reference.

Regent Blazer (similar here, here, here)

Next were the Shiny Puffer Vest size S and the Drapey Wool Sweatpants size 2. I took size S in the Excursion Vest but this one seems a tad smaller on me. I loved the colour of this vest! The pants are incredibly comfortable, as I expected them to be, based on my experience with the wool sweatpants I got last winter. In my opinion, I think they run a bit large. I usually wear size 2 in the Minnies and Pixies, and size 4 in the capris. I didn't try on size 0, for comparison. I put these on my list as well. They would be perfect for when I walk my pooch in the winter.


Lambswool Shirttail Sweater in Blue in size S and 'heather carbon.' I wasn't crazy about this one at first, but I can see it looking nice with a pair of tight pants for a casual look. The dark grey is my favourite shade of grey and I liked the textured pattern of the knit on this sweater. The pants are the same as above but in size 4 and 'heather charcoal.'


Lastly, the Collection Sophie Calf Hair Loafers size 8, my usual shoe size. I found the width comfortable and the print really cute on these loafers.


That's all for now, but I have a few more photos for a next post.

J. Crew is offering 25% off 'fall must-haves' through September 8. I am not sure I am ready to shop for fall yet. Today I was till eating ice cream at the beach. How about you? Are you shopping fall items yet? If so, please share!

Hope you all had a great long weekend, and have a great short week ahead!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not ready to shop for fall either - it's over 30C here in New York! I like the shirttail sweater but just looking at it make me feel hot.

    PS. Would CC ever think of reviving her blog? Fingers crossed that she does!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice, hot weather! We have a deluge today, but it is supposed to get sunny again.

      I relayed your message to CC... I've been asking the same though. :)

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.