Monday, September 29, 2014

J. Crew - September (V)

Last weekend I stopped briefly at JC to check out again the Textured Slouchy Sweater. I had tried on size S on a previous occasion, so I wanted to see how the XS fit this time. It's still slouchy and slightly large. I don't think sizing down will be a better fit since the arms would probably be too tight then.


I mentioned on the JCA that I tried on the Pixies while in store as well. I've been wanting a black pair for winter this year. The new ones fit the same as the jodhpur ones I have from last year, but are slightly longer. I am wearing size 2. Currently on sale, minus 40%, so they are a good deal. The boots are the Lowell Buckle Boots size 8 1/2, or one half size larger than my usual size.They fit slightly large, but I am not wearing any socks here. I think on my M width feet this is the proper size, though. They are also a bit big on the calves, even though I am wearing the pants tucked into the boots. (My calves are 15 1/2", for reference).

Pixie Pants (similar here, here, here)

Here are side photos of the boots:

 

I also tried on another blue sweater which I liked quite a bit as well. It is the Lambswool Zip Sweater in Colorblock (size S, 'heather marine navy'). It's also a bit slouchy, like the one above, but the sleeves would be too tight in a smaller size for me.


That's about it for now. Hopefully I will have enough time to try on a couple of coats on my next trip. How about you? Are you shopping this sale at JC? Please share.

As always, thanks for visiting, and have a great day tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the reviews, Rose! I am also considering a pair of black pixies this year. What do you think about the zipper on the back? Did the sweaters you tried on with the pants catch on it at all? I would mainly wear them under tunics or long sweaters, and don't want the zipper to keep hooking them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it. I have had no problems with the ones I got last year.

      Delete
  2. How much longer are this years pixies? I have two pairs scheduled to arrive today and am wondering if I should have gone with the short length. Thx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say at least an inch, IMO. Hope they fit you well.

      Delete
    2. They didn't work out! I'm guessing the inseam is actually 32" not 29". My VPS is sending me the short ones now.

      Delete
    3. Sorry they didn't fit, injanuity!

      Delete
  3. You know I'm going to have to go measure my calves now, don't you?

    Even with all the exercise I do, 12.5 inches - that's why I have to buy French made boots in autumn winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicken legs, unite! :) Good to see you again!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.