Wednesday, September 24, 2014

J. Crew - September (IV)

Last weekend I had an appointment on the North Shore, and as always when I am there, I stop in the Village in West Van. J. Crew is one of my few stops there. Right at the entrance I saw the Dutch Floral Cropped Sweatshirt  (size M). There was no size S to try on, and the XS was definitely too small and didn't bother trying it on. It's all cotton, and the sleeves on the M are a bit too long for me.


Lambswool Shirttail Sweater in Stripe (size S). I think this would be a weekend sweater only, as I doubt I would get away dressing like this for the office. I'd wear this with my Pixie Pants. These sweaters remind me of one I had about 10 years ago or so that had fake cuffs and collars.


Textured Slouchy Sweater (size S, 'royal navy'). I liked this one, and the colour is much more bright in real life. It's alpaca and nylon, very light, soft, and not itchy at all. It also comes in three (3) other colours as well.

Merino Wool Mixed Media Sweater (size S). I liked this better than the sweatshirt above. The fit is better on me and I liked the mixed front silk panel.


What else I like at JC right now:

How about you? Please share! Through September 28, you can get 30% off final sale items with code PICKASALE or 40% off on the final sale items if you use your J. Crew credit card and code CARDSONLY. Are you shopping this sale? If so, what are you getting? 

THanks for dropping by my blog, and have a great Thursday, everyone!

 

6 comments:

  1. I like that last sweater on you! I think I am done for fall and winter - maybe something festive in late November! I do wish they'd done a scarf in the Dutch floral after my epic fail, sigh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy! I am curious what did you get for fall already. I haven't gotten any fall/winter items yet. It is hard to do when I am still wearing sandals and summer skirts and tops every day! :)

      Let's hope to some pretty scarves this winter from JC or Madewell this winter!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the reviews!!
    Do you thing the Textured Slouch sweater is tts? I read some reviews that said it was really over-sized. It looks great on you and I love the blue color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi maryeb! Yes, the sweater runs huge. I loved the colour too but I think I should try XS next time I go.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the reviews, Rose! The Mixed Media Sweater looks really good on you! I actually ordered one of the men's flannel shirts for myself on the free shipping day of the last promo. Not sure if I'll get anything with this one, but the Shiny Puffer Vest is very tempting. I really like the cranberry and navy colors. Are you getting anything this time around?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa! The Puffer Vest is adorable. As I just wrote Wendy, it is still way too warm here to make me shop for fall clothes. Perhaps in a month or so... :)

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.