Sunday, September 14, 2014

Altuzarra for Target

Since today I took a short trip to Bellingham, I figured I would stop at Target to see what the fuss over the new Altuzarra collection was about. This store didn't receive all the pieces, I was disappinted to see. For example I didn't see the Faux Fur Crop Jacket in Black. I was particularly interested in checking out the Altuzarra for Target Trench Coat with Back Detail in 'black,' since I am looking for a new trench coat this fall. I am trying on size M here, one size larger than I normally wear. This coat is cute, but was too flared at the bottom for my taste (so much so that I couldn't fit it in the photo).

Altuzarra for Target Trench Coat with Back Detail (similar here, here, here)

The other item I took to the fitting room was the Altuzarra for Target Jacquard Pencil Skirt also in 'black' and size 6. Teh fabric is similar to the one of the coat. The gold zipper at the back is exposed and looks quite cheap, in my opinion. There is a front slit on the left sie that is quite deep, so not suitable for wearing it to the office (at least not in my office).


What else I saw:

Altuzarra for Target Button Down Dress (light blue/white/natural)
Altuzarra for Target Python Pencil Skirt (natural)(similar to the J. Crew's, but darker)

The pieces could have been amazing had they been made with better quality materials. The dresses were poly, while the ankle booties were polyurethane. How about you? Did you see this collection at Target? What did you think? Please share.

Hope you had a great weekend, and have a great week ahead, everyone!


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for your thoughts, Rose. Target is doing a massive Missoni collab in Australia next month. Following on from the success of their US project. Hope the quality will be okay.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never got to see the Missoni one as it sold out immediately. Hope it is a good one!

      Delete
  2. Hi Rose, I also saw the collection and posted the reviews on my blog. I actually really liked the jacquard skirt even if it does have an exposed zipper. The fit was perfect on me. In general the fabrics for this collection have been better than previous collabs, but you're right they could still stand to be better (especially for the dresses). At the same time, stores like BR and AT are at higher price points and also use polyester.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only seen one other collaboration, and I thought was a little bit better, but then we all have different taste. :) I think everyone uses poly these days. While I have no problem wearing a skirt made of this fabric, I can't stand dresses or tops that are too close too my skin.

      Delete
  3. I saw some of the pieces in Calgary yesterday and thought they looked quite cheap, including the faux fur. I was hoping for more but will check tomorrow at home and see if they have more there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both, Wendy! Hope you are having a great time in Calgary.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.