Wednesday, August 20, 2014

J. Crew New Arrivals Picks

Late last night I perused the new arrivals at J. Crew, and here are my picks. First off all, I instantly liked the Silk-Cutout Tee in 'vintage merlot.' The body is cotton, while the trim is silk, which reminds me a bit of the tees from Madewell.
 
Silk-Cutout Tee (similar here, here, here)

Next is the Double-Knit Merino Wool Long Cardigan. It come in five different colour, and one of them is a beautiful 'burgundy acorn.'
Double-Knit Merino Wool Long Cardigan (similar here, here, here)

Merino Wool Pocket Tunic. The colour shown is 'deep forest,' which seems to show up in several fall collections this year. (LOFT is another one). The 'rusty clay' is on my wishlist.
Merino Wool Pocket Tunic (similar here, here, here)

Drapey Wool Sweatpants.  Last year I bought a pair of wool pants and were amazingly warm, even in the coldest of weather. I am cosnidering a second pair for my long walks.
Drapey Wool Sweatpants (similar here, here, here)


The much-awaited Dannie Pant looks like a cross between the Minnie and the Pixie to me.
Dannie Pant

I had seen the Shiny Puffer Vest in the previews and really liked the 'dark cranberry.' 
Shiny Puffer Vest

The Wool Melton Duffle Coat would also be great for those long walks. I like the 'heather charcoal,' but the 'electric red' is a good colour when everything else looks dull outside. I have a coat in 'vibrant flame' from a couple of years ago and received many compliments on it.

 Wool Melton Duffle Coat

Metropolitan Suede Ankle Boots seem to be back. I believe these were first seen at JC around 2009 or so. I have had several other suede boots from JC and have worn them a lot.


Lastly, the Shelby Small Satchel in 'cabernet.' I saw this in the store last weekend and loved it.
 Shelby Small Satchel (similar here, here, here)

These are my picks for this roll-out. What did you like? Please share.

Hope your week is going well so far, and have a great Thursday, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. The Silk cut-out tee reminds me of something I'd see at Madewell, too. It's very pretty.

    I'm debating about the Drapey Wool sweatpants. They look like they could be cute and comfy or awful, especially on those of us who are short.
    I'm really curious about the Dannie pant. I wonder how it differs from the Minnie and Pixie.

    The Wool Melton Duffle looks perfectly toasty and quite cute. I agree about the red looking cheery in the dull gray of Winter. Not sure I'd have the nerve to try and pull it off, but I'm seriously tempted.

    The satchel is adorable. I wish it had some pockets or sections. I tend to have a hard time finding things in a bag that is just one, large open space.

    Thanks for sharing your picks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like my picks, maryeb! I think you should get a red coat. I know mine cheers me up when I wear it. :)

      Delete
  2. The asym zip pencil skirt right now is at the top of my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it too, but was trying to keep away from skirts.... you know me....:)

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.