Saturday, August 9, 2014

J. Crew - August (II)

Last weekend I met up with an old friend from school who is visiting family and friends here. We ended up having lunch and visiting JC and Loft. At JC, I noticed the beautiful Merino Wool V-Neck Cardigan size S and 'vintage cabernet.' Fall is just around the corner, and this cardigan will make a nice addition to the closet. I liked that it is more cropped than other sweaters I own. There is quite a selection of colours to choose from, as this sweater comes in nine (9) other colours.


The pants I am wearing in the photos (above and below) are the Turner Pants. Initially, I didn't take a close look at them, but since I am always looking for new style pants, I thought I would give these a try. I am wearing size 2 and they feel still quite loose on me. I have taken size 2 in Minnie and Pixie pants, but size 4 in the Capri and Campbell pants. I think I would wear them with my booties in the fall. The top is the Painter Tee With Zips, size S and 'navy bronzed brown.' It reminds me of Vintage Cotton Stripe Shoulder-Zip Tee from three of years ago. This tee comes in four (4) other colour combos.

Turner Pants (similar here, here, here)

Petal Tank in 'pastel pink' and size S. I missed this top on the website when it first appeared, but I really liked it in the store in this colourway. It also comes in 'ivory' and 'black' as well. The skirt is the Flare Skirt in Super 120s Wool size 4 and 'black.' I loved the longer length of this skirt and the flare. I had a similar skirt about 7 years ago and recall getting a lot of wear out of it.

Petal Tank (similar here, here, here)

Lastly for now, the Collection Dulci Calf Hair Kitten Heels in 'hazelnut leopard.'This pair was on display in the store, but were half size larger 8 1/2 than what I normally take in JC shoes (most of the time). As you can see from the second photo, they are too long for me, so I would stick to my regular size 8 for a TTS fit. These shoes are gorgeous, although I prefer higher heels for myself.


That's it for now. J. Crew was still offering 50% off the sale items in the store last week, but the sale racks were getting quite empty compared to how they were about a month ago. A lot of the stock was being shipped back to the warehouse, so expect a big re-stock of the website soon.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend, and thanks for stopping by!
 

2 comments:

  1. Love the cardigan, the petal top is a little low on my armpit - but lovely - and the Dulci in calf hair is stunning! I love this kitten heels and for me is tts the black, but the calf hair in leopard I need 1/2 size bigger.
    Thnx for the reviews!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Andrea! Seems we like the same. :)

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.