Monday, July 14, 2014

J. Crew - July (II)

On Saturday I stopped briefly at JC, since I was in the area for an appointment. The 50% off sale items was in full swing, and still quite a bit of merchandise was available. I didn't find what I still wanted in my size, so I took the opportunity to try on some of the newer stock. In an earlier post I blogged about the Linen High-Low Sweater in Garment Dye in the 'wet stone' colour, and here it is in the 'neon amethyst,' also size S, my sweater size. I really like this colour and in my opinion, it is not truly neon.


The Chiffon-Sleeve Tee in 'navy size S. Fits TTS and the dotted silk chiffon sleeves are a pretty accent. The body of the tee is cotton.


Another sweater, the Tunic Sweater in Stripe, size XS and 'heather almond ivory.' I sized down in this sweater. The yarn is a wool blend, so it's a bit hot for it right now, but could be worn on chilly evenings.


Lastly, a photo from an earlier visit of a sweater I tried on. It's the Tunic Sweater in 'heather coral' and size XS. It also comes in 'heather orchid,' heather almond,' 'linen' and 'heather coal.' I love this colour and looks great against my skin.

Tunic Sweater (similar here, here, here) 

Here's what I just received:
 

I think I am done shopping for this summer. We have one more month of warm/hot weather and fall arrivals will be showing up soon enough. How about you? Are you done shopping for this summer? 

Hope you all had a restful weekend, and have a great start of the week, everyone!
 

6 comments:

  1. I keep thinking that I'm done shopping and then surprise myself by placing yet another order;-)) Must show more restraint, but the neon amethyst is a case in point. It looks lovely so I'm going to check it out on the website. Might order it .....
    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean, fleur de lys! Glad you liked that sweater too. :)

      Delete
  2. Lol I tried together -and bought the tunic stripe sweater and white cargo pants last week. I love the coral version to and have been debating buying it but this week I think I have moved on officially to only fall shopping and feel that while the sweater is pretty transitional, the colour might be a bit summery. I love it, but something clicks in with me in the middle of July where I make the switch from summer to fall buying, unless the discount is very deep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see someone else liked these pieces too! :) I agree, the sweater is a bit summery, but then if i look at my closet, i do have a lot of bright pieces for winter too.

      Delete
  3. That's true. I have a few bright colours too for the winter. If the coral is around for a sale, I might take the plunge. I have not seen IRL. Is the coral neon bright?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sunny! Sorry for the late reply. I didn't find the colour neon-y at all.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.