Tuesday, July 8, 2014

J. Crew Dresses

Last weekend I headed across the strait to the North Shore as I was meeting some friends there, so naturally I stopped by JC. A few more sandals and pants (see previous post) had been added to sale. With the 50% off sale items, it was hard to resist.

I also took the chance to try on a few dresses, given that the heat wave is upon us right now. The first one I tried was the Paneled Eyelet Dress in 'black', size 6. I thought I recognized the feel of the fabric, but I didn't realize until I got home it and looked it up on the website that it's the same stretchy material used in the Pixie Pants, which I own and love. I liked the eyelet applique on the chest and the flared part. I paired it up with my denim jacket for a more casual look. (The little nose at the bottom is my friend's pooch, which I am petsitting right now.)
Paneled Eyelet Dress (similar here, here, here)

The second dress I tried on was the Swiss-Dot Founce-Sleeve Dot Dress also in 'black' and size 6. This dress fits large, in my opinion. I thought at the time I saw it on that it definitely needs a belt to tame the flounciness (is that even a word?).


Lastly, the beautiful print on the Twist-Back Silk Dress in Hibiscus Floral, size 6 again. The fabric is a gorgeous silk and the dress is lined. There is a side zipper and a hem of about an inch and a half or so, but no need to let it out since it also comes in a Tall version.


Other pretty dresses at J. Crew right now:

Have you tried on any JC dresses lately? What did you think of them? Please share.

Thanks for dropping by, and have a great Wednesday, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Love how you're getting so much use out of those nude colored sandals. I love the more fitted shapes on you, though I could see how the fluttery sleeves could work in a white material

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't expect the to get as much wear, but they do, somehow. I also didn't expect the flared dress to fit so nicely.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.