Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Banana Republic - July

The weekend before last I also visited Banana Republic briefly to check out what was new. I hadn't been there in a while either, so I was pleasantly surprised to see quite a few items I liked. The top favourite was the Multi-Stripe Ponte Dress size 6. This dress is quite a substantial jersey, made mostly of rayon with a bit of nylon and spandex. Size 6 is my dress size at BR, for reference, and I am 5'6". I liked this dress quite a bit. Some ladies may not, because of the exposed back zipper, but it didn't bother me.


Curved Hem Pullover size S and 'black'. The back is slightly longer at the back and the hem is curved, as the name implies. This sweater is a cotton/rayon mix and feels great on. The best part, it is currently on sale. I wore it over the dress and loved the look.


Sloan Pencil Skirt in 'fall khaki' and size 6. This is my larger of the 2 sizes at Banana Republic. It's a classic that would get a lot of use, in my opinion. It come in several other colours as well. Among those, the 'black,' 'twilight navy' and 'royal azure' are on sale right now.


And lastly for now, the Fitted Non-Iron Dot Print Sateen Shirt size 4. Size 4 looked small to me when I picked it up, but I didn't see a 6. I would definitely size up to a 6 in this. Usually, my most common shrt size at J. Crew.

There are several items I liked at BR, and here they are:
How about you? Have you been to BR lately? What did you think? Please share!

Thanks for dropping by, and have a great Wednesday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I like that striped dress on you - looks great. My friend bought a bright blue sleeveless top from BR and it looked fantastic! They are really doing great things in the last couple of years. used to be too work-y

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jody! I loved it as well! I agree about the work clothes. Many of my work clothes in the past have been from them.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.