Thursday, May 1, 2014

Workout Wear

My most recent closet additions have been workout pants and tees. I have been looking at the Gather & Crow Crops from Lululemon, but they were always too much for my wallet. I have two long pairs of the long flared Groove ones, but I am getting a bit too warm exercising in those. Finally, a couple of weeks ago I saw them on final sale at one of the many local Lululemon stores, so I got the black ones. They felt so comfortable during workouts that I sprung for the ones with the rose waistband too. They seem to be sold out on the website, but the local stores had plenty in stock. They were on final sale for $49. The same sale price was also in the US stores when I visited a couple of weeks back.

 

I love the length and the slit at the back:


I took a size 2 in both. The luon is a fantastic material, in my opinion. It's 81 nylon and 19% lycra spandex and has a four-way stretch to it.


On top I prefer cotton tees for workouts, and I settled on the Madewell one (seen here) and on these on my recent trip to the J. Crew Factory store:

Factory Soleil Collector Tee, size S:


The other Factory tee is the Amor Tee, which seems to be sold out:

 Factory Amor Tee

These are great imitations of the linen tees from the regular J. Crew store from last year. They are  good cotton tees that seem to last better, in my opinion. Some of my favourites from the Factory are also:

On my feet I am wearing my trusted Mizuno workout shoes. I get them from the local Peninsula Runners store. Since I have a high arch and tend to over-pronate, it is important to wear proper workout shoes. The staff at the store will make you walk (or run) to observe your feet and recommend the best shoe for your walk/run. Invariably, the best ones they recommend for me are Asics or Mizuno, but somehow Mizuno always feel better on.


Asics Shoes

Mizuno Shoes

What's your workout wear these days? Please share!

Hope you had a great week so far, and happy end of the week, everyone!


12 comments:

  1. Have you been to kintec? They do free assessments to help you select the best shoe for your foot and activity. They record you walking on a treadmill and walk you through your stride. It's pretty interesting.

    I have a range of work out wear from lulu to Costco to joe fresh to nike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't been to kintec. I've been going to Peninsula Runners since their very beginnings. Thanks for visiting, injanuity!

      Delete
  2. You look so cute working out. I prefer Athleta pants and plain ol nike wicking tees. Somehow I just can't get past the fact that lululemons founder is an idiot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue Booby - I am totally with you regarding Lulu's founder Chip Wilson! What planet is he from?

      Delete
    2. Oh i don't know anything about him, must catch up.

      Delete
    3. Thanks, BB.

      Oh yes, BB & JLacy... good ol' Chip: open mouth, insert foot. Luckily for all, he stepped down.

      I have never tried Athleta before, but will have to check it out next time.

      Delete
    4. BB thanks for the Athleta review.

      SSG xxx

      Delete
  3. I love mine Rose they are so comfy and so much thicker than all the other options out there, I just moved from my long ones to my crops too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Tabs. Haven't found a better option out there yet. LOVE mine!

      Delete
  4. I'm an Asics girl. I find Lulu gear a bit heavy for the gym. Fine for their original intended purpose of yoga wear though.

    I'm really keen to try out the GAP affiliate Athleta when I hit the US next week.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, SGS, and have a great trip in the US!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing your picks. I'm always on the lookout for good workout wear. Loft's ponte leggings are a fav for Winter. They are comfy and you can't beat the price, as Loft often runs sales. For warm weather, I like a lot of Athleta's capris and shorts. I appreciate their low minimum for free shipping and free returns.
    I've shied away from Lululemon, too. I find their prices to be too high and they always seem to be in the middle of some sort of controversy. I'm beginning to think if's a marketing strategy, as it certainly gets them a lot of press.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.