Wednesday, May 28, 2014

J. Crew - May (V)

Last weekend CC and I took a trip South and stopped at a few of our favourite places. One of them was, of course, the JC store. Almost sold out was the Linen Embroidered Crab Sweater size S. I can't say it was one of my favourites when it first debuted on the website mainly because the colour of the sweater washes me out a bit, but I loved it in the store and even better when I tried it on. First, it is more substantial than other summer linen sweaters I tried on, and second, the crab is just too darn cute!The skirt I am wearing is the Marla Skirt from Club Monaco, currently on sale.


Here's a close-up of it:


Linen Drop-Shoulder Swing Sweater size S and 'wet stone.' I wasn't sure whether I should try this on or not when I saw it on the table, but I'm glad I did. It feels and fits great on. The adorable mini skirt is the Salon Mini in Gemstone Print size 6. I fit into size 4 of this skirt but sizing up allows me to wear it lower on my hips in order to gain some length (not that it heleped here much). :) The colours are beautiful and look even better IRL than on the website.


Stripe Basket-Weave Dress size 6 and 'navy.' This dress also comes in a 'clay sand' colourway, as well as in petite and tall sizes. The fabric is linen/cotton and it is quite substantial. I liked that the waist was not high as it is usually the case with most JC dresses on me, and the length. At 5'6", it hits me right above the knee.


And lastly for now, one of my picks earlier this month, the Linen Chevron Maxidress size 4 and 'true blue.' The back has a small keyhole and the dress is lined. Best of all, it's machine washable.


I would have loved to try the 'black ivory' version of this dress. It looks gorgeous:

Linen Chevron Maxidress

What else I'm liking at J. Crew right now:




Hope your week is going well so far and have a great day tomorrow, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. The drop shoulder swing sweater is lovely, I'm going to have to give that another look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also going to try the orange one for sheerness. I loved that colour too! Glad you like it, Lisa!

      Delete
  2. I have my eye on the linen maxi dress, it looks really nice! Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really nice, Lisa. You won't regret this purchase. I'm tempted by the black to wear with a nice, wide belt.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.