Saturday, May 3, 2014

J. Crew - May

Last weekend my partner in crime and I went to JC to check out some of the new arrivals. I saw quite a few, but didn't try very many on. The sale section was quite large and spent more time over there, especially since there was an additional 40% discount on the sale prices.

One of the items I did try on was the Surf Skirt in Cove Floral size 4. I usually wear size 4 in the flared skirts. I was surprised to see this was neoprene material, since I hadn't read the description on the website. The print is very pretty, but this skirt is definitely for the young crowd. The top is the Lightweight Merino Scalloped Sweater size S. Size down and no padded bra when wearing this one, in my opinion. It's a very light 16-gauge knit and feels fabulous against the skin. I tried on the 'navy,' but comes in four other colours as well.

Surf Skirt in Cove Floral (more neoprene skirts here, here, here)

The sandals are also new. They are the Back-Zip Sandals in 'warm sienna' size 8, my regular shoe size. They also come in 'black,' majestic blue' and 'california poppy' and are all leather: upper, lining and sole. The straps are almost buttery soft and feel great on.


Pleated Flare Dress  in 'black' and size 6. It was a nice surprise for me, since flare dresses don't look good at all on me. The waist is also in the right place, and so is the hem (I am 5'6"). Since it has spandex in it, it is very forgiving. I would wear this with a denim jacket or a crop cardigan.


Lastly, something from the sale section: the Maya Ankle-Strap Sandals size 8 again and 'beige stone.' Upper part and lining are leather, while the sole is synthetic. As I mentioned earlier, the sale items received an additional 40% discount at the register. On sale for $129.99, final price was $78.

Maya Ankle-Strap Sandals (similar here, here, here)

Good buys from the sale section:
 

That's about it for now. Through May 6, code SALESALE will get you 30% off sale items (or 50% on final sale prices) at J. Crew. Have you shopped this sale already? If so, please share.

Thanks for visiting my blog and have a great weekend, everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for your reviews, Rose. I haven't been shopping on the Crew much this year - most things seem to be a bit too youthful for me!
    I love the navy scalloped knit, and both the sandals are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and thank you for dropping by, ruth!

      Delete
  2. Oh I love those bottom sandals on you! I have just actioned a fake tan as my legs and arms were not doing it for any of my shorts and sandals. But now the heat wave is over. I went in JC to get another pistachio cardigan, one of the best things I've ever bought, which somehow has disappeared, but no luck so far

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jody! No tan here, I'm afraid.... I am guessing the green colour is out this summer. Prepare to see a lot of 'orchid.' :)

      Delete
  3. The dress is perfection on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, tr! You are too kind. :)

      Delete
  4. The dress looks great. I saw those sandals in-store. Totally agree about the leather. Nice reviews :)

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.