Tuesday, May 13, 2014

J. Crew - May (III)

I have a few more photos from my latest J. Crew trip. My previous posts can be seen here and here. The 'cove floral' is a pretty print and I have already reviewed the Surf Skirt in Cove Floral before. This time I gave the Merino Silk-Panel Sweater in Cove Floral size S, my usual sweater size, a try. The fit was a bit loose on the body on me, and I loved the front silk panel, whose colours are very pretty. The skirt is the Side-Slit Soft Pencil Skirt in size 4 and 'black.' The skirt has an elastic waist, and there is plenty of room in it for a big lunch. :) It comes in three other colours, and 'orchid' is my favourite. Unfortunately, I haven't seen it in the stores here.


Next are the Drawstring Pants in Cove Floral size 2. They have side pockets, are higher waisted and are plenty roomy. These would be a fun pair to wear this summer. The top is the Metallic-Trim Linen Tee size S and 'navy.' The website has this in 'white' as well, but I also saw a couple of other colours in the store. One of them was a pink/nude in the same tone as the Linen Abstract Flower Sweater, I recall. The navy version is quite sheer. The tee has a keyhole closure at the back, and the neckline embellishment is enough of 'jewelry' to me.


The Silk Eyelet Top size 4 in 'black' is beautiful. Fits true to size and comes in 'ivory' and 'dusty ginger.'


Lastly, a pair of shoes that happened to be on display and looked really pretty to me. They are the Fabric Slingback Pumps size 9 in 'helicon indigo.' Normally I take size 8 in shoes, with a lot of the pointy toes in size 8 1/2, but these are a full size bigger and they fit perfectly. They would look great with a pair of white bottoms (capri pants, skirt) or a dress. The 'dusty sky' colour was already on sale in the store for $190.99 minus 40%.


What else I'm liking at J. Crew:

The Lucie Mirror Metallic Slingbacks are on sale in the store, and the 40% discount applied the day I visited, so a pair came to about $90 or so. You may have seen me try these on here before. 

Code SOGOOD will give you a 25% discount on select items at JC right now through My 15. Are you shopping, or are you waiting for that new rollout? Please share!

Hope you are all having a great week so far and thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

  1. Love the silk eyelet top. Very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose, the slingbacks are on sale in both colors, I bought the helicon indigo for $113 last week. I went TTS (it's never a good idea to size up in slingbacks, even if they feel good in store, the sling is going to fall off your heel).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see you were able to get them on sale. I didn't see them on the sale rack here....they were still upstairs, where the regular priced stuff usually stays. I should try half a size smaller then....the toe box was not big enough for me to go down to my regular size. Thanks for chiming in!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for all of the reviews! I really love the Cove Floral print, I just can't figure out which item to get in the print!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Katie D! I know what you mean. :) I am inclined to get either the pants or the shorts.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.