Thursday, May 8, 2014

Anthro Celebrates May Birthdays

Earlier this evening CC and I made our way to the Anthro in the Village, where all May babies were celebrated tonight. I was invited by CC, since her birthday is next week. Happy birthday, CC! The hostess at the entrance had birthday cards for all those celebrated:


And then there was finger food and drinks:


As well as a dessert table:


Let's not forget some clothes while we are at it. First, the Ligeia Skirt by Maeve, size S, my usual size. The skirt is very comfortable as it is made of rayon and spandex. I liked the faux-wrap, relaxed style of this skirt. I tried it on first with the Elementary V-Neck in back and size XS, one size smaller than usual.


The second top worn over the tee is a buttondown style #31825325, which I cannot see on the website. Size S felt quite tight in the shoulders on me.

Buttondown style #31825325 (similar here, here, here)

I tried again the Pintucked Buttondown in the 'blue motif' and size 4, my most common top size. The pattern cracks me up each time I see it. If you zoom in, you can see the monkeys. There are three other patterns as well. The fabric is a comfortable light cotton.


That's about it for now. Have you attended any birthday celebrations at Anthro recently (or ever)? lease share!

Thanks for dropping by, and have a great end of the week, everyone!


4 comments:

  1. The Ligeia skirt looks great on you!

    My sis is a May baby too - September must have been a busy month, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa!

      I think you are right....I know a lot of May babies! :)

      Delete
  2. What a lovely idea, I've never heard of a shop doing that before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great idea, Tabs! Can't wait until October. :)

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.