Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Madewell - April

I spent last weekend visiting with friends in Seattle and part of Friday morning shopping for a bit. My first stop was at Madewell, since I haven't seen one in months. I hadn't seen any of the items they had in stock up close, so I was quite excited to see a few of them in person. One of them was the Outbound Jacket in Camo. A week earlier I was debating whether I should get the J. Crew one, but I am glad I waited. The one from J. Crew is much more green than the Madewell one, which is closer to khaki, and which looks better against my pale skin. Unfortunately there was no size S to try on, so I took the M instead.

Outbound Jacket in Camo (similar here, here, here, here)

The tee is the Linen Tee in Camo, currently sold out on the website, but I saw a few in the store in the sale section. They were reduced to $29.99 minus 30% the day I was there. The skirt is the Ponte Swivel Skirt size 6. I picked this up to be able to try on some tops with it. It's a tiny, tiny, skirt.

Linen Tee in Camo (similar here, here, here)
(Camo in pink or blue)  
Ponte Swivel Skirt (similar here, here)

Nomad Paisley Dress size 6 in 'pebble stone.' The fabric is gorgeous silk/cotton blend. It as one of my favourites among the new arrivals. It has two side pockets, which most will like, I'm sure.


I thought I'd mention the Teddy Loafer in Calf Hair size 8 and 'truffle' colour. They fit true to size on my feet and are very comfortable. Last week the price was identical to the website before the 30% discount. It might be cheaper to call a store directly and have them sent from there.

Lastly, a cute necklace. It's the Stonecraft Necklace. When I saw it on the website, I thought it was a short necklace that would fit close to the neckline, but it is actually pretty long, as you can see from the photo:


What else I liked at Madewell:

How about you? Have you been to Madewell lately? What did you like? Please share!

Thanks for visiting and have a great Wednesday, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I did the same, I wait to check the madewell jacket cause I felt the JC one to bright on the green for me, and bought the MD instead :-) I love the Outbonf jacket, and the camo is my second! Well done! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Outbound Jacket is a great jacket, Andrea! Glad you liked it too! :)

      Delete
  2. I really liked the necklace, too, but the length is awkward. I wish they'd made it shorter. Thanks for the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree, maryeb....it would have been better closer to the neckline IMO.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.