Sunday, April 13, 2014

J. Crew - April (II)

This weekend I popped into the local J. Crew stores to see some of the new arrivals. There weren't a whole lot yet, as some more are coming in a couple of weeks, I was told. The sale section, however, was well stocked and discounted an additional 40%.

One of my favourites from the new rollout was the Bohemian Rose Bracelet, and here it is in real life. I liked the mix of pink shades with colourless glass for a bit of sparkle.

 Bohemian Rose Bracelet (more rose bracelets here, here, here, here)

If that's not enough bracelet for you, I have the Cast Wildflower Bracelet below (item A8721). Sorry about the photo quality. The bracelet is not online yet, but you can see it in the store. There is also a Cast Wildflower Necklace. Dummy me forgot to ask the price of either piece.

Cast Wildflower Bracelet (item A8721)

Also new is the Metallic V-Neck Sweater in 'shimmer pewter' and size S. This is my usual sweater size at JC. It's quite loose on me and it's also a bit see-through, but if you wear nude undergarments there is no need for a cami, in my opinion.


Also a favourite, the Linen Dolman Tee size S and 'navy border' from my previous visit. It's also large, so for a more fitted look, you can size down in this one. I liked the colours of this tee. The price tag is in Canadian dollars.

 

Lastly, the Cleo Perforated Mirror Metallic Loafers in 'metallic silver' and size 8. They fit TTS on my feet and are very comfortable. I think they are cute.


Until tomorrow at midnight, code FRESHSALE will get you an additional 30% off spring items or 50% off final sale items online at J. Crew. As I mentioned at the beginning, the local stores were offering 40% off the sale items. A good buy was the Fatigue Jacket (reviewed here), which is still full price online.

Hope you had a restful weekend and have a great start of the wee, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Rose,

    Thanks for your reviews! I saw and bought the cast wildflower bracelet too - I didn't get the name (and only a bad picture of the tag!) but I do know the full price: $98. The necklace is $150. I posted a couple of pictures on my blog. Hope it's ok if I link to your entry there too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, maqsad, for chiming in with the price. I didn't buy the bracelet, but wanted let ladies know what's coming.

      Delete
  2. The bohemian rose bracelet is so pretty, perfect for Spring and Summer.
    Any thoughts on the other colors of the Linen print tee? It's a really cute piece. It doesn't look too over-sized on you.
    I hadn't thought much about the Cleo loafers, but they look great and comfy.
    Thanks for reviews, they are very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi maryeb! I also liked the 'charcoal border' because of the neutral colours. If you want bright, get the 'neon mango blue.' You are right - the model is also wearing the tee quite loose. Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the reviews! The bohemian bracelet is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Lisa! It is pretty, for sure. :)

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.