Sunday, March 30, 2014

J. Crew - March (V)

Last weekend I had an appointment on the North Shore and afterwards I snuck across to West Van to the new J. Crew store. The new store also has a Crewcuts section (as well as Men's) which is doing really well, I was told.

I checked out a few new arrivals as well as the sale racks. Among the new items, the Je T'Aime Tee in 'dark gravel' and size S was one of my picks initially. Size S, my usual size in tees and tops, seems too large, so I would size down in this one. The neckline is also unfinished, just like with the C'Est La Vie Tee (seen here).

 Je T'Aime Tee (similar here, here, here, sweater here)

Next is the Merino Texture-Panel Sweater in 'navy peri sky' and also size S. Size S is quite fitted, so you may want to size up in this one.


Pink Geo Shirtdress size 4. Size 4 is the normal size dress in shirtdresses at J. Crew. If it is a more fitted one, I size up to a 6. It has some cute colours through it and it's lined.

Pink Geo Shirtdress (more geo prints here, here, here, really love this)

I thought it would be more fun to try this on with a belt, but it's definitely too short for me at 5'6". The shoes are the Nora Perforated Ballet Flats in 'metallic gold and are on sale in the store, and an extra 40% discount applied.  I also noticed the 'chalk' colour are also on sale, but I can't recall any of the others. If you like these, I would call a store before taking the plunge online.They came to some $60 and change there. I took my regular size 8 in these and will be perfect for the summer.


Here's a closer look at the flats:


That's about it for now. How about you? Did you stock up on spring items with the NEWSALE promo right now? It is good only until midnight tonight, and as I write this, I noticed a new ode SHOPSPRING will get you 30% off spring items again.

Hope you all had a restful weekend, and have a great start of the week!

10 comments:

  1. Love the shirt dress and hope you're having a lovely weekend.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! It's always good when it's spent at the beach! :) Hope you had a good one as well!

      Delete
  2. Rose,
    I posted a question on JCA about the cubist sweater. How did you get it for $43.00 this past weekend? It is still full price at my store.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was on sale in Vancouver, BC for $71.99, minus 40%. I do not know where you are located.

      Delete
    2. Oh, your avatar is too cute for words! My grandma always had Dachsunds. :)

      Delete
    3. Ok. That makes sense. I am in Tennessee. I had them put it on hold for me until tomorrow since they will typically do mark downs on Tuesday nights. I am keeping my fingers crossed. BTW, that is my baby, greatest dog ever and yes I think she is the cutest too. Thanks for the response.

      Delete
  3. I like that dress on you! without the belt, I find it hits on a good spot, only a little shorter of where mine hit on me. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy! Yes, it would work without the belt better for my height.

      Delete
  4. The belt looks pretty with that dress - do you find they are making things really short?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I def like that dress better with a belt!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.