Saturday, February 1, 2014

J. Crew - February

Earlier this week I had an appointment downtown and I stopped briefly at J. Crew to see some of the new arrivals in person.

Right at the entrance I noticed the Linen C'Est La Vie Tee in 'blue floral.' I tried on size S, my usual tee and top size at J. Crew, but it was too large. I would size down in this one. The neck edge is also unfinished, as you can probably see if you zoom in on the photo below or on the one on the website. The skirt is the Trellis Floral Skirt size 4. This is the usual size I take in A-line skirts at JC. It's quite short on me (5'6"). It's cotton with a bit of stretch in it, and it is fully lined. There is also a Merino Baseball Sweater in Trellis Floral, as well as a tee, but in coral and white.


Next was the Linen Baseball Tee in Lovebirds, also size S. This fits TTS to large, in my opinion.


Next was the Surf Varsity Jacket size 4, my smaller of the two JC jacket sizes. The website calls this 'neoprene-like bonded jersey fabric.' Now I know what it reminded me of when I first tried it on: my neoprene computer bag I got from the Apple store a few years ago. Either that, or a wet suit.


Lastly for now, the Marled Jeweled Sweatshirt in 'navy vanilla' and size S again. I liked this piece the best of the four. It's all soft terry cotton, so what's not to like?


What else I'm liking at J. Crew:

Lucie Mirror Metallic Slingback Flats (saw  pair on display and they looked adorable)

That's about it for now. Tomorrow I am meeting CC for lunch and very likely we will stop by our favourite retailers.

J. Crew is still offering 40% off the sale prices (or 50% in some cases) with code HAPPYSALE through Feb. 4. Did you find something interesting this sale round? If so, please share!

Thanks for visiting and have  great weekend, everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Rose, I gotta say that as adorable as everything looks on you (and it all does, as usual :-)), these tops are the latest in a string of J. Crew disappointments for me. Some of the designs are very cute, but I am sooooo o-v-e-r the tissue-thin fabrics. It's crazy to think that they're going to withstand wash & wear no matter how careful we all are. Another problem: layering a cami underneath to combat the sheerness isn't a realistic option for those of us who live in warm climates. I'm in Atlanta, which is reliably hot and humid from May til late September-mid-October. No way I'm layering anything. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had different experiences with different linen tees. The midnight floral acquired three holes after a few washings, while the peony tee is still going strong. I wish they would go back to the slub cotton, preferably the one the Factory store uses. That cotton seems so much sturdier.

      Delete
  2. The Marled Sweatshirt looks really cute with the skirt.
    Thanks for the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, maryeb. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I'm not a huge fan of most word-y knits, but the floral c'est la vie tee is speaking to me. Did you find it sheer or anything?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit sheer, Lisa, so wear a nude bra if you get it.

      Delete
  4. I love the marled sweatshirt with that skirt! I have had a harder time with the JC love overall lately, but still some good finds...I scored the antique floral collection top the other day for $65 CAD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good score, Sarah! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.