Tuesday, February 11, 2014

J. Crew - February (II)

We had a long weekend here, and since I was in town visiting with friend, I also stopped downtown briefly. At J. Crew, I tried on the Merino Silk-Panel in Antique Floral. The store was out of size S, my usual size, so I took an M to the fitting room. It's loose enough to layer a shirt underneath. The silk panel is beautiful. This time, I also rememebred to try on the new Campbell Capris. I am wearing size 4. For reference, I take size 2 in the wool Minnies and 4 in Cafe Capris. I love these even better than the Cafe Capris, I have to admit. The slight flare at the bottom is more flattering than the shape of the Cafe Capris, in my opinion.

Merino Silk-Panel in Antique Floral (similar here, here, here)
Campbell Capris (similar here, here, here)

Next is the Flower-Sleeve Sweater size S. Although usually this colour was not well suited to my skin, I thought I could get away with it. I really liked the texture of the sweater. It's all cotton, and the knit is very sturdy and will hold its shape nicely. The flower appliques are also very pretty.


The Stripe-Sleeve Merino Sweater in 'navy dusk' was my favourite of all three. It's a 12 gauge knit, so sturdier than the Tippi, which is a 14. I also love the 'lilac ivory navy'  lot, but that colour is too light for me.


Lastly, the Claremont Mini Purse in 'black.' It's perfect if you don't need to carry the house round with you, which is usually the case for me. Check out the regular-sized Claremont Purse here.


What else I like at J. Crew right now:

Lucie Mirror Metallic Slingbacks (photo coming soon)


As always, thank you for visiting and have a great week, everyone!


8 comments:

  1. Thanks! I am waiting for Campbell capris to arrive before Florida, so am looking forward to giving them a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like them just as much as I did, Wendy!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the reviews! I am mad at Mickey for not putting beltloops on the Campbell Capris, what in the world was he thinking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am guessing it may have had something to do with the cost? Maybe you can offer them feedback through your VPS. I know I told my VPS several times in the past to have those winter minnies lenghtened so that I am not forced to buy tall sizes all the time. :) They do discuss customer feedback regularly at their meetings.

      Delete
  3. That wee orange purse is just lovely. Thanks for all the reviews of all the tops and those top trou are super flattering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the same as the black one above. You are very welcome, Jody! Thanks for visiting! I have my eye on them, but for now, it's still wool pants for me.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for these reviews! I am very curious to try out the Campbell capris, as the tapered leg of the cafe capri just does not work on me. Waiting impatiently for the next full-price promo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Louise! I hope you will like the Campbells as well. ;)

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.