Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Banana Republic Coats

Last week I also visited Banana Republic to see what was new. I noticed a few new coats. My favourite was the pink one below what's new, right?). It is the Pink Short Trench. If you recall, BR had a longer version  couple of years ago, which I reviewed here. I am trying size M here, but it is too big on me. The S seemed too narrow in the shoulders, but looking back, I should have tried that one too. So I would say go for your regular jacket size here. The fabric has a nice sheen to it.


Next was the Black Double-Breasted Coat. The name is not quite reflecting the true colour of this coat. The body is navy, the sleeves are black, while the under collar fabric is pink. The coat is mostly cotton with a touch of spandex. Again, shoulders looked narrow when I glanced at the coat on the hanger. Still, this is a better fit than the pink one, although the sleeves still seem a bit long on me.


Another one was the Colorblock Tweed Coat size S. This one is 100% poly and it feels like it. It has both a zipper and snaps, so it stays securely on. I liked the look of it.


Lastly, the most fun piece of all. It is not for me, but I can see this on a young gal. It's the Printed Trench. I took a size S, and this fits TTS. The fabric is cotton & rayon.

Printed Trench (similar here, here, here)

What else I am liking at Banana Republic right now:

Fitted Non-Iron Sateen Shirt (7 colours; LOVE the 'wild orchid')
Floral Statement Scarf (same print as the floral jacket above)



How but you? Have you been to Banana Republic lately? What did you think? Please share. Today only, you can save 35% off your purchase at BR (or 40% of you use your BR card) with code BRSAVE.

As always, thanks for stopping by and have a great Wednesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will be deleted.