Thursday, January 23, 2014

J. Crew - January (III)

While cleaning up my hard drive today I cam cross a few more photos from my JC expeditions over the past few weeks. One of them was that of the Teddie Satchel in 'henna.' It also comes in 'sesame' (which looks like a white, really) and 'black.' This bag was a favourite among the new arrivals and it still is after seeing it in person. It has the right proportions for a person my height (5'6").


Jacquard-Stripe Sweatshirt size S. This is my usual top size at J. Crew, but S is a very relaxed fit. It's all cotton, and very comfortable.


Next was the Jacquard Floral Sweatshirt also size S. Fit is about the same as the one above. The actual colour is navy & white, but looks black & white in my photo.
 

The pretty Boy Popover in Bows size 4. I apologize for the low res photo. Just when I thought I figured the camera on the phone, I do something like this. I vary between size 2 & 4 most of the time in JC shirts, with the occasional 6 if it's very narrow in the shoulders. The fabric is the beautiful silk/cotton blend that JC uses for some shirts and popovers. The colour looks a bit on the pink side here. It's still available in most sizes and is on sale for $69.99 minus 50% with the code BYEWINTER. I just did a mock checkout and the price came to $34.99 plus tax. That's a really good deal.


And lastly, the Arrows Sweater also size S. It's a viscose/woo/nylon/rabbit hair mix and is very soft. The arm felt slightly fitted. It's a cute sweater, but not a colour that looks good on me.

Arrows Sweater  (similar here)

What else I'm liking at J. Crew:


How about you? Did you get anything during the latest sales? Please share!

Thanks for dropping by, and have a great end of the week, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Love that bag! It's a really great, classic style and colour. Did you get it, Rose?
    Thanks for your reviews, as ever. I'm a bit off J Crew at the moment, but still enjoy seeing pics and reading reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great bag, ruth! No, I didn't get it and am looking forward to the spring collection as well!

      Delete
  2. Almost got the arrow sweater but then forgot all about it until now. Still not sure where the sweatshirt trend came from...just not a fan. I can not wait for you to do the spring roll out. I am ready!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found lots of jacquard sweatshirts at several other retailers... It's a trend. Can't wait for spring (stuff) too!

      Delete
  3. Hi Rose - do you go to loads of J Crews or just the one? They must love you there! Agree that bag is a great classic. I used to do sweatshirts in my college days, you can't go past that comfort, not sure why i never went back to them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jody! I visit either one, depending on which part of town I am at the time. I think hoodies are the new sweatshirts, at least for me.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.