Friday, December 13, 2013

J. Crew - December (II)

Last week when I was downtown, I also stopped at J. Crew for a short visit. I wanted to try on the Buffalo Check Peacoat immediately. I loved the check pattern as well as the length and the fabric (all wool). It would be perfect for driving. I am wearing size 4, my smaller of the two coat size at J. Crew.

Buffalo Check Peacoat (similar here, here, here; also love this in white check)

Embossed Floral Sweater size S (my regular size) and 'graphite mist' colour. The embossing on this very pretty (all wool), while the body is knit from a wool/nylon/cashmere 55/30/15 blend and is very soft to the feel. I loved both colours of this sweater.

Embossed Floral Sweater (similar here, pricey here)

Next is another favourite with the JCAs, the Jeweled Donegal Sweater, also size S and 'slate donegal.' I love the colourful beads on the 'champagne donegal' version, but this dark grey looks much better on me.


And lastly for now, the Embroidered-Front Tee size S. This tee is much nicer in real life than on the website. I see it has sold out right now, but if you ask a sales associate to check the inventory, they can do a charge/send for you. Or contact a very personal shopper to help you out.


What else I'm liking at J. Crew:

Plaster Peonies Tee (on super sale)(IRL photo here)

Right now, you can get an additional 30% off your purchase with code GIFTNOW through December 24. The good news is that it is not final sale. Any plans to shop at J. Crew? If so, what re you getting? Please share!

As always, thanks for visiting and have a great weekend, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. The buffalo check peacoat looks fantastic on you! Did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a thing for that red check but I really like the Banana Republic offerings down below, I noticed their ad this week and liked it all too.

    Rose - I must see that pic of you when you were young!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be back home in a couple of days and will look for it, scan it and then send it to you.

      Delete
  3. The buffalo check peacoat looks great on you! How did you find the quality of the wool? Someone on JCA (the name escapes me) said that she found the wool scratch and stiff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Louise! I didn't find it scratchy, since it was not touching my skin directly, but I agree, it was a bit stiffer than a coat with some cashmere in it. HTH

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.