Friday, November 29, 2013

J. Crew - Black Friday

Since I am spending the American Thanksgiving with my friends in Seattle, of course I am participating in all activities surrounding this holiday, namely Black Friday shopping. I had already visited the mall two days prior, just to check out what's available. At J. Crew, the 30% sale was still going on Friday.  I tried on a few things, among which the Jeweled-Starburst Pullover size S in 'dusty quartz.' This sweater is adorable, in my opinion. The yarn is viscose/wool/nyon/rabbit hair 45/24/23/8 and is extremely soft to the touch. In particular, I loved the jeweled neckline. The skirt is the Postage Stamp Mini in Chevron size 6. It is sold out online, but I noticed several in the store. I sized up so that I could lower it on my hips.

 Postage Stamp Mini in Chevron Stripe (similar here, here)

Next was the Bar-Stripe Tee in gold stripe' and size S, my usual tee size. There is also a 'heather granite black version. I haven't seen a lot of metallics lately, and I liked this one.


Lastly, the Side-Button Sweater in Stripe size S and 'olive mist navy.' Like the Jeweled-Starburst Pullover above, it is also extremely soft, since the yarn is similar. I love this colour combo quite a bit. The side buttons and the elbow patches add a bit of interest to the sweater.

Side-Button Sweater in Stripe (similar here)

Right now the stores are offering 30% off your purchase. If shopping online, use code HOLIDAY through December 1. 

Have you shopped this Black Friday? If so, what did you get?

Thanks for visiting, and hope you are all having a good Friday!


6 comments:

  1. I love the Jeweled Starburst pullover. It looks great on you! The light purple color is gorgeous! I bought a few things from J. Crew online, but I am wondering if they will have better sales later on in the season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie D! It's very likely we will see better sales down the road. Fingers crossed... :)

      Delete
  2. I saw that starburst sweater in store and thought it was beautiful and didn't get it at the time ... why didn't I get it at the time?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you didn't miss out on it if you liked it that much, Lisa!

      Delete
  3. The jewel starburst sweater is beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.