Monday, October 7, 2013

Brooks Brothers Jackets

Yesterday I met downtown with a friend for lunch and a bit of shopping. I was planning on checking out the Brooks Brothers store for a book I was planning for a gift. More about that a bit later.

Having just missed out on a big shoe & boots sale last Friday, I wanted to see the shoes for myself, as I was on a search for a lower heel shoe I could wear to job interviews. I quickly got side-tracked by the beautiful clothes everywhere. One beautiful piece was the Boucle Patch Pocket Jacket size 6. This jacket is part of their Red Fleece line and comes with a matching Boucle Mini Pencil Skirt in green tweed (also size 6). I loved the jacket, and the skirt would have been great had it been 4 inches longer. I am sure it will look great on a petite gal, though. The SA brought me the Long-Sleeve Turtleneck to try on underneath the jacket. The turtleneck is made of a very sturdy mercerized cotton and looks and feels great on. The quality of this top was incredible and am considering the navy version as well. I am wearing size M, although I should have also tried on size S to see if it was a good fit.

Boucle Mini Pencil Skirt  (similar longer here)

Next was the Wool Fringe Jacket also size 6. I liked this one even more than the green version. The colour is absolutely gorgeous - purple with bits of copper throughout, and the fabric is a blend of wool, mohair and silk. The closures are brass hook & eye.


The Knit Cropped Jacket is part of their Black Fleece collection that xoxo writes about quite regularly. This looks best worn with a pair of long, high-waisted trousers such as the Plain-Front Caroline Fit Gabardine Dress Trousers, or with the Sleeveless Shift Dress, both currently on sale. This was a fantastic little jacket and it felt so comfortable on, I didn't want to take it off. I am wearing size BB3, which the diagram says fits sizes 6-8. It's quite roomy, so I wonder if I should have attempted size BB2 instead.

 

Lastly, the Hooded Quilted Jacket size 8. There was no size 4 or 6 for me to try on, and size 2 was definitely too small. It's too large on me, so probably size 6 would be good enough. The hood is removable and the material is treated and so repels water.


And now for the book xoxo mentioned in one of her posts. Many, many years ago when I was a teenager, I received a similar book from one of my aunts and recall how much I enjoyed it. So in my turn, I got this for a teenager and hope they won't be bored to tears with it.


What else I liked at Brooks Brothers:


How about you? Anything you shopped for or like at Brooks Brothers? Please share!
Hope your week was off to a good start and have a safe Tuesday, everyone!

14 comments:

  1. They all look so great on you Rose! I love those kinds of books, too, so I am sure the young lady will be appreciative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, WMM! I am hoping so too. :)

      Delete
  2. I have found that teens roll their eyes at such books but secretly read them and reference them. The Brooks clothes look very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know, Blue Booby! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I was really tempted to buy the calfskin pump when it was 80% off, but I know I can't wear anything higher than 2 inches without my feet screaming at me. So cute though. Love those jackets on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some with a small heel, if you are interested, but they are no longer 80% off, unfortunately.

      Delete
  4. The jackets look great on you Rose. I love Brooks Brothers attention to detail and tailoring. On my wishlist this season is the Silver Link Necklace. I've seen it on an SA and it looked really nice.

    As I mentioned in my post, we had this and similar books growing up and they were appreciated. Not necessarily so much at the time, but certainly later when the advice was put into practice. Thanks for the link love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, xoxo. I agree about the attention to detail. The Silver Link Necklace is very cute.

      You are very welcome!

      Delete
  5. I also love the idea of that book and I think number two jacket is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look really good in these jackets, Rose! Especially the first two from what I can tell. Very, very nice.

    I had a ton of stuff in my cart but waited until the last seconds of the sale to check out. Of course my computer acted up and I couldn't process the order in time. Oh well, next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about your computer, tiffany rose! There is going to be another sale just around the corner. ;)

      Delete
  7. That wee black and white jacket is so nifty and sixties - love the shape on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jody! It was my favourite too!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.