Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Banana Republic - October

Last week BR received some new fall & winter items, and a few days ago I was able to check them out in person. The stock in the store closest to my work always seems to fly straight out the window, it seems. A lot of the items I had eyed on the website were already gone in my sizes. One that escaped, though , was the Printed Puffer Vest size S. If you missed out on the Heringbone Vest from J. Crew or J. Crew Factory, this is a great alternative. It has two pockets and snap closures. There is no front zipper, in comparison. The inside is lined in black. I really liked this vest a lot.


Next was the Quilted Jacket size M. I sized up in this one and it seems like a good fit. It's quite thin, and is more of a spring jacket, in my opinion. Nevertheless, it looks quite sharp and I liked this one a lot too.


The Bold Stripe Pullover size S and blue seems to be an in-store item only. The online versions are yellow, pink, grey. I loved the blue, and this colour seems to be very popular at BR this fall.


Lastly, the Ribbed Crew Sweater also size S. I am wearing black, but it also comes in cream and grey. I loved the ribbed front and the softness of the sweater, which is due to the cashmere content. It's also machine washable, which is always a plus.


There are lots of other new styles at BR that I liked:

Theresa haircalf clutch in 'holly berry.' I checked it out in person and seems very well made.


Last, but not least, the Laurel Exotic Crossbody. Doesn't this remind you of the Edie bag from J. Crew?

How about you? Anything at BR that you like? Please share!
Thanks for stopping by, and have a great Thursday, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. I like the piping on the silk safari blouse. And yep, looks like they knocked off little Edie. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the way they styled that entire outfit!

      Delete
  2. I like BR's plaid vest better than the herringbone version from J.Crew but I do love plaid. As I recall, BR handbags used to be really well made. It's nice to hear that they still are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit I liked it better too. The main reason is not the houndstooth vs herringbone, but the lack of piping around the pockets. I think it's a much cleaner look.

      Delete
  3. I like the plaid vest too. The store display belted it and paired it with an ivory long sleeve shirt and an ivory fit and flare skirt, which I liked a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.