Sunday, October 20, 2013

Anthropologie - October

Yesterday I had to drive up to the North Shore again, trip which usually includes at least a couple of stopovers. This time, one of them was at Anthro, where I hadn't been in a while. A few items looked promising to me, such as the Wool Sweater Jacket size M. It looked narrow up top, even with the raglan sleeves, so I sized up from my regular size S. It looks too top-heavy for me, so if you are built the same, it may not be the best look. The waist feels too high on me as well. Other than that, the sweater is nice, warm and soft. It's thick enough, but won't take you too far into the fall season.

Wool Sweater Jacket (similar here, here, here)

The skirt I am wearing is the Darya Pencil Skirt size M. I took a look at size S and the waist seemed so tiny, I didn't even dare try it on. The fabric, however, is very stretchy.  There is a back zipper, which I didn't  have to use, as the skirt slipped on and off quite easily.


Next was the Windfall Boiled Wool Jacket size M. The shoulders on the S seemed too narrow at first glance, so I went directly for a size up. The sleeves were way too long on me, so I had to roll them up. I loved the boiled wool softness and the colour of this sweater. It also comes in a 'dark orange' version.


Another jacket was the Riley Camo Jacket size S. Camo is around again (or still) this year, and this one is done quite nicely. It is slightly longer at the front, as you can see from the side photo.

Riley Camo Jacket (similar here, here, here, here)

Lastly, a dress that looked like fun and it's something Leopardo Sweater Dress size S. The yarn used for this knit dress is a mix of viscose, nylon, poly and cashmere and is very soft to the touch and feel. I paired it with the Tabbed Leather Belt size S and 'gold.'



What else I like at Anthro:

Dorsey Sweater Jacket
Rally Moto Cardi
Mirabel Jacket
Stripeway Column Dress
Palatial Skirt
Transposed Lace Pencil Skirt
Boucle Pencil Skirt

How about you? What do you think of Anthro lately? Please share!

Hope you are having a great Sunday out there!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reviews! The Wool Sweater jacket seems a bit of a letdown :( It looked so classy in the model pics, but it looks dull. The Windfall Boiled Wool jacket seems to have promise: maybe in Petite sizing the sleeves would be better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more like a sweater, than a coat, that's for sure. You make a good point about the sleeves.

      Delete
  2. Oh what I wouldn't give to slip on a pencil skirt! Maybe that elastic-waist Darya is just what I need. LOL Hope you're having a wonderful weekend Rose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only a few more short months, xoxo! :) Thanks, and hope you had the same too.

      Delete
  3. I love that windfall jacket!!! that is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured you might like that blue... :)

      Delete
  4. The red is really pretty on you and the buttons are really flattering

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.