Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Madewell - September (II)

Busy work week means not much time for blogging or reading blogs. But here is the rest of the Madewell photos I took a while back. First is the Shimmerweave Bomber size 4. I liked this jacket when I first noticed it in the new arrivals section. The sleeves are leather, and the body, as the name suggests, has a bit of shimmer to it. The fabric reminds me a bit of my J. Crew Verona Jacket. Since I would wear this in the fall, I probably would size up to a 6 so that I could wear a long sleeve tee or shirt underneath. And of course I would tuck the shirt in for a cleaner look.


Next is the Penfield® Kasson Parka size S. I didn't see the burgundy version in the store, which would be my colour of choice for this jacket. It's warm and comfortable, and would love this for our Vancouver weather.

(Similar in burgundy here, here, here, here)

I loved the lining of this jacket:



Lastly, the Sidewalk Skimmer in Calf Hair size 8, my usual skimmer shoe size at Madewell. I size up half a size in the pumps. These seem the same as the ones a couple of seasons ago and they are very popular.


What else I like at Madewell:

Lineweave circle scarf  (I forgot to mention this in my previous post, but loved it when I saw it in the store!)
How about you? What do you like at Madewell?

Madewell is offering 25% off dresses (prices as marked) plus free shipping on all orders until midnight tonight. Have you ordered anything during this sale? Please share!
Thanks for dropping by and have a great day tomorrow!

12 comments:

  1. I have those skimmers and I love them! I ordered some items with the $25 off coupon I got last week, the skinny skinny ankle motorcycle jeans and the starsigns scarf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have them too. Do they not add little panache to everything? Thanks for reviews Rose.

      Delete
    2. That's some nice loot you got there, FriendlyFemme! I have my eye on that scarf too!

      Delete
    3. Agree, Jude Musings! They are cute!

      Delete
  2. I love those skimmers in calf hair! I have the polka dots ones and I had a hard time to brake into the black (the beige I still need to work with), but still love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they work for you. These seem to be softer than the suede ones i have, for some reason.

      Delete
  3. I just received the lineweave scarf and love it. The muted jewel tones work with neutrals and brights and the airy weave is very comfortable. Now 25% off plus free ship online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am planning to take a second look at it and get it if it isn't itchy. I loved it too.

      Delete
  4. It's almost time for me to start getting serious about buying a coat. The lining of your parka is so cute! Love your animal print shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a winter coat on my wishlist too. Hope I can get it soon.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the reviews. I love the sidewalk skimmers and have several pairs.
    Did you see the new skimmers with the bows? I'm wondering how those compare to the sidewalk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple of them too, but still on the fence about the whole calf hair thing.

      I plan to see those this weekend, if they are in the store.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.