Sunday, September 8, 2013

Madewell New Arrivals Picks

I will be heading South this weekend, which means I will definitely include a trip to Madewell as well. I haven't been there in a while, so I thought I'd check out some new arrivals on the website first.

Silk Scarab Study Scarf. I love the colourful bugs on this! I always find the Madewell scarves really interesting, but who knew you could study entomology as well? :)

Silk Scarab Study Scarf (similar here, here)

Another pretty one is the Paisley Striped Scarf. It reminds me of the Trompe L'Oeil Silk Blouse I got last year.

Paisley Striped Scarf (similar here, here)

Winston Boot in 'rich plum.' They remind me of the Zip Code boots from last year, but the plum colour is new, if I remember correctly.

Winston Boot (similar here, here) 

Archive Boots are not new, but they are worth mentioning again. I blogged about them here before. I wonder if the width has changed at all from 2011.



Shimmerweave Bomber. I am strangely attracted to this, even though I could only wear something like this on weekends:

Shimmerweave Bomber (similar here, here)


Wafflestitch Colorblock Sweater reminds me of the J. Crew cashmere versions from last year. These are wool blends at a much better price points.

Wafflestitch Colorblock Sweater 

Striped Birdseye Sweater in 'transatlantic blue.'

Striped Birdseye Sweater

Viewpoint Sweater in 'saddle' might be my favourite slouchy sweater this winter. It's all merino wool, so should be nice and soft. It seems to have some rose tones, so that should go well with my skin tone.

These are a few of my Madewell current favourites. Which ones are yours? Please share.

Currently, Madewell is offering 25% off select shoes through Sep. 9. Shipping is free as well. Did you have any of their shoes on your wishlist?

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

10 comments:

  1. I am not squeamish but still don't think I want beetles on my scarf. ;)

    I like the paisley scarf and I'm attracted to that bomber too.

    No shoes but I have four shirts and that plaid coat on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the scarf and it's very colourful and pretty! Nice picks!

      Delete
  2. That scarab scarf is unique! You would get a lot of interested looks wearing that. Just the idea of bugs crawling on my neck, shudder!!!! lol! I love the viewpoint and colorblock sweaters you posted, I want to check those out next time I'm at a store. Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree.... It would be quite a conversation piece for sure!

      Delete
  3. I'm in sweater mode now, and that wafflestitch one is looking just about perfect. I'll cop to being squeamish about the scarf. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also in sweater mode as well. Fall is coming, that's a fact. :)

      Delete
  4. I love the colorblock sweater, I just wonder if it'll be scratchy. I've got that and the fair isle sweater on my wishlist, along with the varsity stripe tee, berry plaid boyshirt, and skinny skinny ankle coated jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a nice list there... I tried on the sweater and it is not itchy (at least not for me.).

      Delete
  5. Great to see the Scarab Scarf. Tory Burch has them on almost every piece for fall (shoes, scarf, iPhone case, Blouse, Sweater)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting us know, audrey. Bugss seem to be popular this fall.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.