Thursday, August 8, 2013

J. Crew New Arrivals Picks

Again, we were surprised to see new arrivals on the website late the day before yesterday. There are "over 35 more new arrivals to try," the e-mail from J. Crew said. Not sure if that is 36 or 100, but I am not complaining, since I see a few items I like. One of them is the Boy Shirt in Embroidered Polka Dot. I love the indigo colour used, which remind me of Madewell's.

Boy shirt in embroidered polka dot


Merino Tippi Sweater in Frenck Knot has a keyhole back closure. The white knots go all around the back as well.

Merino Tippi sweater in French knot


Quilted Edie Purse in 'danbury red.' Is this trend coming back. I recall a Dior quilted tote I was drooling over about 10 years ago. (I have to say that searching for similar items was an interesting experience. I came across a vintage Chanel Quilted Bag that was almost $5000!)


Quilted Brompton Mini Hobo. I would love this in the red above or a burgundy!


Quilted Brompton Mini Hobo (similar here, here, here)


My friend's daughter's birthday is coming up, so I perused the Girls' section as well. The Girls' Peter Pan Collar Dress looks adorable:

Girls' peter pan collar dress 

Girls' Colorblock Sequin Tee would be a nice one too, since all girls like sequins, I'm told. It's all cotton and machine washable.

Girls' colorblock sequin heart tee

Girls' Quilted Peacoat in 'electric pink' (shown), 'neon amethyst' or 'safari fatigue.'


Girls' quilted peacoat

That's about it for now. Don't forget that J. Crew has extended the SHOPNOW sale until Aug. 11. Knits, tees and shorts are 30% off until then.

Thanks for checking in and have a great day out there!

16 comments:

  1. I really like the flannel shirt and wish the brompton quilted came in more colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the quilted Eddie bag is a beaut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see you again, Tabs! Hope you are all good. :)

      Delete
  3. I think I will be the lone dissenter, but I don't like the quilted bags. They remind me of the solid colored Vera Bradley bags. Maybe I will change my tune if I see them in person. They look odd to me, from the pictures. I love the quilted peacoat, though, that is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cate, I'm with you! I'm disturbed by quilting on bags. Or coats.

      Love the look of that Tippi, though.

      Delete
    2. It's ok not to like the same things. If we did, they would sell out too quickly.

      Delete
  4. I didn't notice the keyhole back on the Tippi. Now I love it even more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made a comment thru inoreader, but not sure if it'll show up here. (shrugs)

    I like the looking of the quilted Bropton. I never did like the Edie silhouette. I think it's too boxy for me. Love your Crewcuts picks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Edie is a small purse for me, but I still like the look of it. The Brompton is perfect size.

      Thanks, gigi!

      Delete
  6. The bags are to die for!!!
    What about following each other?
    Kisses
    Francy&Stef
    Chic With The Least
    Also on Facebook and on Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We follow you with gfc and bloglovin! :)
      What about facebook?

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Francy & Stef!

      Delete
  7. Great blog. Would you like to follow each ohter? - it would be fantastic;)

    Love
    Minnja

    Minnja Blog
    Minnja on Facebook

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.