Friday, August 2, 2013

J. Crew - August

When fall arrivals appeared on the JC site, the Silk Ruffle Top in Beanstalk Stripe wasn't one of my most favourites, but loved it once I saw it in real life. I am wearing the smaller of my two top sizes at J. Crew (size 2). The cut is straight, so no extra room in the hips if you are thinking of sizing down.


Jeweled Sweater Tee (size S, 'navy cabernet') was on my favourites list. The yarn is very soft (alpaca/merino wool/poly) and I didn't find it scratchy at all even against my bare skin. The construction is supposed to imitate that of a baseball tee, so it's a bit boxy. The jeweled area is also quite heavy.


Jeweled Sateen Shell size 4 was also one of my favourites. The top is all cotton and the back buttons all the way down. I think it's very pretty and would look lovely worn under a blazer.


This weekend I am going to be downtown again visiting with friends and hope to pop into the store to try on the New Schoolboy Blazer in 'burnished rust.' I do not recall seeing the last time I was there. The 'heather graphite' is a light grey that is not flattering on my skin tone.

J. Crew is offering 40% off sale items with code STYLE40 until Sunday. The local B&M was also offering the same deal.

My picks from the New To Sale items:

Cargo scout chino (IRL photo here)

How about yours? Did you get anything this time around? Please share!

Have a great end of the week, everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Not really liking the new roll out. Did get the warm jade Tippi during tax free week end...love the color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Tippi sweaters, but green on its own is not a good colour on me.

      Delete
  2. Rose - I like the cream top on you - I love the navy/Cabernet combo, but do for it too boxy and you are itty bitty and cute, I think you should hold out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, WMM! I was never called itty bitty before. :D But I agree with you, it is a bit too boxy.

      Delete
  3. I do like those green and blue colours on you. Whenever I buy sleeveless tops I have to think, what cardy jacket will I wear with it? Kind ruins the pleasure sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jody. I like it too, oddly enough. That's what's holding me back most of the times too.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the reviews! The only new thing I got was the tweed-front tee but I didn't like it after I tried it on. I guess I'll need to wait for next new arrivals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have to wear mine - the spring version. :)

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.