Monday, August 26, 2013

J. Crew - August (V)

Scalloped Cutout Silk Top in Octagonal Dot caught my eye in the new arrivals section last week.  I am wearing size 2, the smaller of my 2 sizes in tops at J. Crew. There is no extra room in the hips and fits similarly to the Silk Ruffle Top in Beanstalk Stripe shown here before. I didn't notice the slightly puffy sleeves at the shoulder in the website photo before. All said, it's a very pretty top.


Next was the Collection Cashmere Diamond Sweater size S and 'indigo cerise,' or my usual sweater size. I loved this sweater even better in real life. It comes in two other colourways. The neck, sleeves and bottom have a rib trim. The bottom one is slit at the sides. The 7-gauge knit will ensure warmth in the winter time.


Lastly, the Excursion Quilted Vest size XS in 'saddle.' This vest seem to fit larger than last year. I am quite certain XS from 2011 was tighter on me than this one. The 'neon flamingo' is very bright in real life, so be aware of that.


What else I like:

Snowcap quilted jacket (IRL photos here)
Merino leather-pocket sweater
Collection cashmere getaway hoodie

How about you?

Code FALLSTY:E will still give you 25% off $150+ purchases through midnight tonight. Have you used this promo for some of th efall styles? Please share!

Thanks for dropping by my blog and have a great day, everyone! 



12 comments:

  1. I've only used the promo for some accessories and a Crewcuts sweater, though I am suddenly all over that leather pocket merino tunic!

    (I'm kind of disappointed in this season's excursion vest - I ended up getting the factory version since I liked the simpler style from last year better).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you, if you can wear crewcuts! I really like them!

      Good buy, the factory vest. I found in the past that they were quite well made.

      Delete
  2. That top outfit is lovely on you - I really love the soft flesh coloured lace skirt with those shoes looks so flattering and with the light blue top

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jody! The skirt is also J. Crew from a couple of summers ago.

      Delete
  3. Love the diamond sweater in that colour! It looks great on you!
    I'm not in the market for new Fall stuff, seeing as it's Spring here, but am loving everyone's reviews and pics!
    If that sweater makes it to sale later on in the year I will certainly be after it!
    Thanks Rose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can score some really great deals if you wait,, especially since you don't need sweaters this year any longer. Hope you are able to get it

      Delete
  4. I did think the diamond sweater was a rose/ruth thing!

    I am glad to see all the reviews of the excursion vest - they look somewhat bulky to me compared to last year's version - when even my skinny Minnie friends look bulkier I know it isn't for me! Of course, you look amazing in all of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Does that mean we are predictable? :D If you can, check the Factory vest. I liked the one from last year.

      Delete
  5. I loved the camo vest when I saw it at the the concept store but now after seeing it on the blogs, not loving the collar :-(.
    Glad that I have a camo jacket from a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely missed on that jacket. Glad you still have it.

      Delete
  6. Love the Diamond Cashmere Sweater! I was wondering how it looked on and the fit! It really does look great on you! Thanx so much Rose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help, Mary G! :D It's a gorgeous sweater.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.