Sunday, August 11, 2013

J. Crew - August (III)

Earlier today I popped into the local J Crew since I was happening to lunch downtown, so I took the chance to see what's new. The Silk Skirt in Beanstalk Stripe size 4. I wear size 2 in the double-serge cotton or wool skirts at J. Crew, while I usually take size 4 in this kind. It's not a fit that is flattering at all on me, so I usually stay away from this style. The skirt is very short on me at 5'6" (only 17 1/2" long), but sizing up might add an inch or so. I blogged about the Silk Ruffle Top in Beanstalk Stripe, currently on sale, here before.

Silk Skirt in Beanstalk Stripe (similar shorts here)

The top I was wearing above and in the next photo is the Collection Featherweight Cashmere Jeweled Collar Waffle Sweater size S. I loved the waffle knit a lot, but it's too hot to wear this right now. The colour is also not flattering on my skin tone either, but I think I could get away with this worn under a blazer in the fall. The pants are the Matte Crepe Drawstring Pant size 2 in 'navy.' The other two colours available are 'vintage mahogany' and 'neon papaya.' These pants have an elastic waist, fit quite high, and are a relaxed fit through the hips and thighs.


Lastly, a pic from a previous visit of the Collection Cashmere Pointelle Dot Sweater size S and 'grey mango.' There is also an 'indigo amethyst' colourway as well. This was a favourite when I tried it on. It's currently on sale.


The knit is called 'pointelle' but it looks more 'herringbone' to me. Here's a close-up:


J. Crew is having a 25% off shirts sale through August 16 with code SHIRTS25. Are you going to take advantage of this sale? If so, what did you get? Please share!

Here are some of my favourite shirts:


Hope you had a great weekend, and have a wonderful start of the week, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Might check into the shorts of the same stripe, they look pretty zazzy...Hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they would look great on you, Jody!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.