Tuesday, August 6, 2013

J. Crew - August (II)

A few more reviews from the latest trip to JC. Quilted Tack Jacket size S in 'crimson maple' - a very pretty colour. My double serge skirt from last fall is also called 'crimson maple,' so I am guessing it is very close or identical to this one. This is my regular size in jackets and as you can see, it is quite boxy. It reminds me of a Tommy Hilfiger one I had many years ago.
Quilted Tack Jacket (similar here, here, here)

Jeweled Short-Sleeve Sweatshirt size S and 'heather shadow ivory.' Small is also my size in tops at JC. I liked the colour and the softness of the sweatshirt. 


Lastly, the much discussed new Schoolboy Blazer in Wool Flannel size 6. I have been fitting in size 4 and 6 in this blazer. The 'heather graphite' colour is not a favourite for my skin tone. I would actually go for the 'burnished rust' myself.


Thin stripes lining with a burgundy piping:


Ticket pocket detail:


Cuff buttons:


Don't forget the 30% off knits & tees with code SHOPNOW until tomorrow at midnight. Have you shopped already? What did you get? Please share. :)

Have a great Wednesday out there!


15 comments:

  1. Damn! Internet ate my first comment!

    Love the first coat! I am actually thinking about going old school this fall and getting an LL Bean Barn Coat!

    I like the grey blazer, but like you, I keep my grey on bottom, not near my face...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about your comment, WMM!

      I think the LE coat was one of the similars I posted. It's also nice.

      Agree, grey on the bottom. I have that colour in a BR skirt from last year.

      Delete
  2. oooohh...I missed that there was a rusty orange version of the new blazer- sold!! It doesn't seem like there's a drastic difference between the two, though I miss the striped lining at the cuff since I often roll up the sleeves....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't recall all the details about the cuff, but the site says the jacket is only one inch longer.

      Delete
  3. The tack jacket isn't the most flattering fit. Didn't you get a lightweight puffer in red last year? I recall that one looking very sharp, although it's a heavier jacket.

    What do you think of the new schoolboy vs the classic version?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have the red one from last year and still love it.

      I can't say I favour either version. Personally I like the hacking jacket better.

      Delete
  4. The crimson color looks beautiful on you. And I agree with the color of the Schoolboy. I like it better in the Heather Caramel myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, FriendlyFemme! I love the caramel too!

      Delete
  5. I like the quilted tack jacket but I'm bummed that it is so shapeless. I REALLY like the jeweled sweatshirt - I may be nabbing that with this promo but I am keen on being extra careful laundering a sweatshirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree, Lisa. I never thought I would need to pamper sweatshirts. :)

      Delete
  6. That *is* too bad on the jacket cut. I really like the quilting. Thanks for sharing reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. another great review! i originally thought the quilted jacket was cute but your review has swayed some sense into me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the jacket, but boxy things don't usually look good on me because of my wide shoulders.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.