Friday, August 30, 2013

Anthro - August

A while back I was in the Anthro area, so it was a good opportunity to check out what was new. It seems critter sweaters appeared here too this fall. The first one is the Wisened Pullover size S, my regular Anthro sweater size. Fun sweater if you are young or young at heart. :) Check out also the Nestled Owl Tunic from Anthro.


If you missed out on the French Bulldog sweater from JC last year, Anthro has one now called the Top Dog Pullover:


Next was the Jersey Fatigue Jacket size S. It's very comfortable and soft. There are interior drawstrings for a more fitted look. I have the Wisened Pullover underneath and the fit is snug. It's intended to be a thin jacket, so it won't go too far into the fall season. One alternative to this might be the Boyfriend Fatigue Jacket from J. Crew. See my photo of this here.

Jersey Fatigue Jacket (similar here, here, here, here)

A similar jacket is the Tavi Motor Jacket, also size S. This looks much nicer when worn open. Also very soft, it's made of cotton and comes in 'dark grey' and 'ivory.'


Lastly, a trench coat called Corin Peplum Trench size S. This fits TTS if you don't have a larger torso, otherwise I would size up. Peplum has been everywhere for the last couple of years, and now it seems designers have thought of putting it on a trench coat. I am not keen on it, but that's my preference. The coat is lined with a pretty, colourful fabric.


What else I'm liking at Anthro:

Lace Firenze blouse
Aveiro safari shirt
Sanctuary camo chinos
Ankle zip Charlie trousers

How about you? Have you been to Anthro lately? What did you think? Please share.

Thanks for dropping by and have a great long weekend, everyone!

10 comments:

  1. I adore the orange of the moto jacket but it's too slouchy for me. I have my eye on the lace firenze blouse too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved its softness. I might consider a different colour.

      Delete
  2. I like the critter sweaters. They're darling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love owls, so I had to check this one out! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh that owl sweater is cute. I wonder how he would look all stretched out over my soon-to-be fat tummy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By next year I'm sure there will be another owl sweater somewhere else, if the fad doesn't die by then. :D

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. They sure are! Thanks for visiting, Merry Wife!

      Delete
  5. I love the owl sweater! So cute, and I'm forever young when speaking of critter sweaters! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Andrea! I had a critter sweater when I was young and I still love them now!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.