Thursday, July 25, 2013

J. Crew New Arrivals Picks

Last weekend I was able to get my hands on a very coveted August catalog. Pardon me, Style Guide. Today I noticed the website has also been updated with the new arrivals I had shown here before. This time it seems there are a lot more things I like than on previous occasions. 

First is the Pleated Chiffon Blouse in the 'mauve blush' colour. I can't wait to try this top on.


Jeweled Sateen Shell is cotton, so less pretentious than the silk, and hopefully easier to care for, even though the label says 'dry clean.' I usually wash my 'dry clean' items inside out in a garment bag on the delicate cycle of the front loading washer without any problems. If I wanted to copy that look, I would probably go for Anthro's Sanctuary Camo Chinos which I tried on last weekend and loved.

Jeweled Sateen Shell (similar here, here, here)

Next is the Liberty Popover in Strawberry Thief Floral. I liked the stylized birds on the fabric, so I was curious about the name. Wikipedia came to the rescue.

Liberty Popover in Strawberry Thief Floral  (similar here, here, here)

Lace-Front Sweatshirt. I am a fan of lacy tops or overlays, and I like this one as well. The 'heather natural' is on my wishlist. The intricate lace work is beautiful.

Lace-Front Sweatshirt

Heathered Fleece Zip-Up Hoodie in 'heather onyx' and 'heather pacific.' I love both these colours.

Heathered Fleece Zip-Up Hoodie (similar here, here, here) 

Merino Tippi Sweater in Embroidered Tile. This was one of my first favourites from the August catalog. I  love all shades of purple and geometrical designs.
 
Merino Tippi Sweater in Embroidered Tile

Jeweled Sweater Tee in 'navy cabernet' is also on my wishlist.

Jeweled Sweater Tee

Collection Silk Mohair Sweater. This one escaped me up until now. I love silk and I love mohair, but I have never seen them combined in a yarn before. Luckily I am not sensitive to mohair, so if it gets down enough in price, I will consider it.

Collection Silk Mohair Sweater

Sara Dress in Lace. This one comes in four different colours. I love the 'black' and the 'poppy.'

Sara Dress in Lace (similar here, here)

Everly Leather Pumps in 'mulberry.' I have them in 'burnt sienna' suede and would love a burgundy pair.

Everly Leather Pumps

Goodwinn Purse in 'pinot noir stone to go with the pumps above.

Goodwinn Purse 

These are some of my favourites. How about yours? 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day, everyone!

11 comments:

  1. I think I stared that at Goodwinn purse for about an hour on the website yesterday. SO. DAMN. GORGEOUS.

    Bold Subtlety

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of us have that wishlisted. :)

      Delete
  2. We have a lot of similar picks! I LOVE the Jeweled Sateen Shell; it's gorgeous IRL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks Rose, I missed most of these items. The Goodwin purse looks like a Celine knockoff, so cute. I ordered the lace-front sweatshirt so I'll share my thoughts but you will probably see it in store before that happens. I still haven't been to the Calgary J.Crew store because Chinook mall is too much of a madhouse for me.

    I wish I had your ability to tolerate mohair. It feels so soft to the touch but I get a very different feel when I wear it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am planning on a short trip tomorrow or maybe on Sunday. We'll see.

      Delete
  4. I never noticed the lace front sweatshirt until you and xoxo pointed it out. very nice! Will wait to see how it looks IRL. I actually really like the goodwin purse a lot and that would be so nice with the boots i bought in the same colour last year, so that is now on my wish list. Am hoping for a good sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all are, WMM! Hopefully one is just around the corner. :)

      Delete
  5. I love burgundy and those everly pumps would be the perfect fall shoe! Sigh, I will admire from afar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wait for a sale, like some of us are! :)

      Delete
  6. Great picks! I'm loving some basics in this rollout: keeper chambray in dark rinse, no. 2 pencil in heather pine and tipped DS wool, jeweled short sleeve sweatshirt (don't know where I'd wear that thing @@) chambray boy shirt in embroidered dot. Oh, let's not forget twinsets, cashmere in heather sky and jackie in pale citrus. Yeah, I know. I need to win the lottery.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.