Sunday, July 28, 2013

J. Crew - July (IV)

Lace-Front Sweatshirt size S is one of my favourite items from the newest rollout. I am wearing the 'heather natural' version, but I love the 'navy' one as well. The lace detail is beautiful.

 

Tipped Silk Collar Top size XS. This is one size smaller than I normally take in J. Crew tops, but there was no size S left, and M looked too big. I think I would stick with my regular size in this one. I loved the soft slub cotton and the collar and cuff silk details.


The top has a zipper at the back:


Lastly, the Goodwinn Purse in the 'camel orange' version. I almost didn't recognize it with the sizes zipped up. The shoulder strap can be easily removed to change this bag into a clutch.


That's about it for now. I have a few more reviews for another post. Have you seen the new JC arrivals in person yet? What did you think? Please share!

Hope you had a restful weekend and have a great day Monday, everyone!

16 comments:

  1. I tried on the Lace-Front Sweatshirt. The arms felt really tight to me even though the body was fine. I didn't see any of the new Liberty shirts, but I did see the Silk ruffle top in beanstalk stripe styled with chinos. I was surprised by how much I liked this blouse and the way it was styled. I'll probably try it on during another visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the beanstalk top as well and will review it later.

      Delete
  2. The lace-front sweatshirt is really pretty on you. I'm hoping I don't find I need it since I have every color of the lady lace popover. My store didn't yet have everythings from the new arrivals but I did see some silk foulard trousers and of course that beaded chambray shirt that must be mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 2 of those popovers as well and love the sweatshirts too.

      Delete
  3. oh the Goodwin is smaller than I thought, which is not a bad thing.... love the sweatshirt on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for showing the lace-front sweatshirt Rose. It looks nice in the natural color, which is what I ordered after much deliberation. Maybe I should pick up the navy as well. I can't resist picking up the twin when something is really good.

    Love the color contrast on the Goodwin purse. Nice idea to be able to expose it or keep to the single color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll like them, xoxo! It's nice, comfy cotton. Can't go wrong with it. :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the reviews. I really love the look of the Goodwin, so pretty with the sides unzipped. I wish JC would make their bag closure more secure though. At least have a zipped compartment for valuables.
    The lace is lovely on the sweatshirt. Definitely on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, maryeb. There is a small compartment on the inside that is zipped, but maybe not big enough for all valuables. :) Hope you like it as well.

      Delete
  6. Thanks Rose. I really liked the silk collar tee and lace sweatshirt. I was wondering about that bag too. If they would have put a top handle on it too I would have bought it full price. The silk collar tee will be on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked both tops, Shekster! The silk collar is just as nice and soft as the lacey one.

      Delete
  7. I tried on the lace sweatshirt in navy. LOVE! Hope to snag it (no pun intended) on sale. Have too many cute JC sweatshirt thingies already ;) Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never enough sweatshirts, CC! Love the navy too.

      Delete
  8. I wouldn't have recognized the Goodwinn either. Good eye. I like the looks of both of the tops. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.