Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Banana Republic Dresses

This past weekend I also passed by BR to see what was new. I was surprised to see so many pretty dresses in store. First one I tried on was the Sylvia Sheath size 6 in the red colour. This is my normal dress size at BR. I loved this dress. The fabric is cotton 65% / rayon 30% / spandex 5%. The tall version is 2 inches longer and there is also a petite one as well.

 Sylvia Sheath (similar here, here, here, here)

Next was the Multi-Stripe Ponte Dress size S. I loved the colours in this dress from the first time I saw it in the new arrivals section of the website. The fabric is rayon 89% / nylon 9% / spandex 2%. It has an exposed back zipper, which doesn't bother me since the dress is casual.


Lastly for now, the White Lace Dress also size 6. The lace is cotton 87% / nylon 13% and the dress is fully lined. It has an exposed side zipper as well. The cardigan is my favourite colour combo of the Striped Cardigansat BR. It is a mix of silk, poly and cotton and feels lovely to the touch. I am wearing size S, or my usual sweater size.

Striped Cardigan (similar here, here)

More reviews to come:


Banana Republic is offering an additional 40% off on sale items with code BRSUMMER through July 20. You can also get 40% off one full priced item today with code BRWED40.

Did you get anything exciting at BR lately? Please share!

Have a great Wednesday, everyone!

Here's a photo I took last weekend:



8 comments:

  1. I stopped in there the other day. I tried on that striped dress but it looks much better on you! I thought about trying the white one on but got lazy. I didn't notice the red one. I bought an oversized linen short-sleeved sweater with navy and green stripes and a v-neck. I think it was $14, bargain! I also got a plain gold chain from one of the sale buckets. I have some cute pendant necklaces that came with bad chains, so I'm going to swap out to the BR chain. It was really cheap too. I also tried on the wider striped dress that Gigi reviewed but it wasn't a good enough fit on me to buy it. Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like you scored yourself aome great deals, cate! Enjoy them!

      Delete
  2. You look positively smashing in that red dress Rose. I have been wearing cotton dresses almost non-stop, even with the cool weather we've been having this summer. Can't be a dress for an easy pulled-together look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, xoxo! It's really similar to the Origami dress I have from last summer, otherwise I think I'd get this one! Calgary has a cool summer? Not something I'd like to hear....

      Delete
  3. The red dress looks FANTASTIC on you. I hope you got it. Thanks for the BR reviews. I'm over JCrew's mini dresses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , Shekster! You are too kind. :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Rose,

    Congratulations! You were picked as a winnder of my Shabby Apple giveaway. Please contact me with your email address so I can pass it onto my contact to send you a $50 gift card.

    Cheers,
    Jacquie

    chicadvisor.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fantastic news! Thank you!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.