Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Banana Republic Dresses (II)

Here are more BR dress photos. As I said before, there were lots of dresses on display. The Contrast Ponte Knit Dress (size S) looked like a fun, summer piece. Side reveals the contrast trim that goes along the side seams. There is also a contrast trim right down the middle of the back.

Contrast Ponte Knit Dress (similar here, here, here)

Rugby Stripe Ponte Dress size 4 is another great casual summer dress. It's made from a similar ponte fabric as the dress above and it's just as comfortable.

Rugby Stripe Ponte Dress (similar here, here, here)

Milly Collection Dress size 6 style 560001 is no longer on the website, but I saw plenty in both stores I went to. It has a pretty pink and orange pattern, it's fully lined and wears very comfortably, but I feel matronly in it.

Milly Collection Dress (more pink & orange here, here, here)

An older photo which I almost forgot about, of the Striped Ponte Skirt size S. It is mostly rayon with a bit of nylon and spandex for stretch. I liked this skirt a lot. It's perfect for a casual summer weekend. I wear almost skirts exclusively during the summer, even around the house.


Lastly, the first fall item I checked out is the Flared Trench size S. This is my usual size in BR jackets and coats, but this one is very fitted, as you can see. It is also shorter than last year's, as far as I can tell, and has the added flare at the bottom. It is a 3/4 length on me, at 5'6''. The Classic Belted Trench is the longer coat at BR.


I also tried on their Abby Ballet Flats size 8 in the silver metallic colour but the photo came out blurry. The fit was TTS and they were comfortable across the foot. The padded insole was extremely cushioning:

Abby Ballet Flats (similar here, here, here)

What else I'm liking at Banana Republic:


Today, you can get 40% off one full priced item at Banana Republic with code BRWED40. If you are a cardmember, you get to save 40% on two full priced items.

Have you been to BR lately? What did you get? Please share!

Have a great rest of the day, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I did get the rugby stripe ponte dress. Surprisingly I found it very flattering. The placement of the stripes really accentuate my hourglass figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rugby stripe dress but that darn awful exposed zipper is a killer. When will it end??

    ReplyDelete
  3. i tried the rugby stripe dress but couldn't get past the zipper.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.