Thursday, June 20, 2013

J. Crew - June (V)

Here are a few more items from the newest rollout at JC. The Eyelet Peasant Top is size 2 and 'black,' but it comes in four other colours. This is my top size at J. Crew most of the time.I loved the pretty embroidery on the sleeve and all along the neckline.

 

Next was the Linen Pineapple-Pocket Tee size S, or the usual tee size. I loved the pretty pocket embroidery and the feel of the knit. The tee is a bit sheer, as you can tell from the photo below. The pants were the Pixie Jodhpur Leather Panels Pants size 2. The 'navy' version is on super sale in the store. They have a back zipper and the trim inside of the calves is leather. 

Linen Pineapple-Pocket Tee (similar here, here, here)
Pixie Jodhpur Leather Panels Pants (similar here, here, here)

Pineapple seems to be the fruit of the year. Last year it was the apple, if you recall. I might go for the Factory version of the pineapple tee instead, which is cotton. Usually the Factory cotton tees wear very well.


Lastly, the Boyfriend Popover in Placed Stripe size 0 and 'navy.' This is one size smaller than my usual top size at J. Crew. I liked the narrow lines and would love to see the 'seaside coral' version as well.


That's all for now. The JC website has a new design and the product pages have the much awaited wishlist now.

Sales at JC and at the Factory store are going on strong and I suspect they still will into the Canadian and the US upcoming long weekends. We shall see. In the meantime, this is what's on my wishlist:

Collection jeweled boyfriend popover (I know, very pricey!)

What's on yours?

Have a great end of the week, and happy summer solstice, everyone! I was looking to find some of the best summer songs, and this one was among them, and very close to the top, too. 


Enjoy!


10 comments:

  1. Hey Rose! Thanks for the pic on the black top! It shipped to me yesterday and I am crossing fingers and toes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like it. Looking forward to your review.

      Delete
  2. I love the pineapple t, anything with flamingos or pineapples always makes my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, tabs! I like pineapples too - not sure why, but I like them better than the apple print.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the reviews. I am interested in the popover. I like that unusual bit of colorful striping at the bottom. Were you happy with a size smaller? My concern is how a size smaller will fit at the hip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was ok with it. I would suggest you ask for precise measurements from Customer Service before ordering.

      Delete
  4. The embroidery on the black top is really pretty! I love the song by way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, BBB! Nice to see you around again!

      Delete
  5. Thanks Rose. I was wondering about the black embroidered top. I appreciate your review. I think the "copywriter from space" (to quote WFF)needs a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding, shekster! 'Oversized tent?' That is not a selling point.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.