Tuesday, June 18, 2013

J. Crew - June (IV)

Earlier this week I visited my local B&M to see what was new. I saw some new arrivals which are not yet online, so more on those later. New was also the Multi Stripe Popover size 4. This seems to be my common shirt size at JC. I take size 2 in the Blythe, for reference. It has pale blue and orange stripes and feels very comfortable. You can get a better idea of the colours from the stock photo on the JC site rather than from the model photo. The pants were the Pixie Jodhpur Pants with Leather Paneling (inside the calves) (item 28613) and the navy ones are on sale in the store. An additional 30% off applies on top of the sale price. With the discount, these came to $43 at the local B&M. I am wearing size 2, same size as my wool Minnies.

Pixie Jodhpur Pants (similar here, here, here)

Next is the Linen Anchor Pocket Tee in size S and 'navy.' This one's quite sheer, unfortunately, as you could probably tell from the photo.


Collection Pinwheel Eyelet Top size XS, or one size smaller than usual. The sleeves have an elasticized edge, so that they don't flop about. I couldn't decide whether I liked them better poofy or left about.

 

Merino Tippi Sweater in School-of-Fish Print is size S, my normal sweater size. This print reminds me of an Escher design. The website photo looks as if the sweater has a black background. Not true: it's navy.


Do not forget that B&M stores are offering a 25% (30% if you charge to a JC card or if you live in Canada) right now. There are lots to see at JC, and here are some of my favourites:

Everly suede pumps (IRL photos here)(see the silver metallic here)
Ikat tee (IRL photo here)

Hope you are having a great week so far!

8 comments:

  1. Trying to be shopped out but I may need to hunt down the Pixie Jodhpur Pants with Leather Paneling. The school of fish tippi reminds me of the tipsy parsons tippi, I probably don't need both?

    Thanks, as usual, for showing the new things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you find them ,tiffany rose! They are soooo comfy! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I'm just not that into J Crew these days. I tried Monday but left with only a vintage grey vneck that I needed to replace from ruining by gardening. The anchor tee is ridiculous..who wants to wear a cami under a tee shirt. Keep up the reviews, they are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, blue booby! The local store had MANY shorts that were way too short for me. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for these reviews! I tried on the pinwheel eyelet top but found the elasticized sleeves to be distracting, I don't like the feeling of something binding my upper arms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here... Not sure they needed elastic. Thanks, Louise!

      Delete
  4. Nice clothes you've got there<33 xx Peach

    www.momomoworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.