Saturday, June 15, 2013

J. Crew - June (III)

Last weekend I came across the Linen Cap Sleeve Dress at the local B&M and noticed it was a longer dress than what we've seen so far at JC. Naturally, I wanted to see how it fits. This dress is adorable. Made of linen and cotton, it is fully lined. There is also a crinoline of organza between the dress and the actual cotton lining, giving this skirt its fullness. There is a side zipper and two side pockets. The shoes are the Everly Suede Pumps in 'bluebird.' I am wearing size 8 1/2, or a half size larger than I normally wear. See the metallic version of these here.

Next is the Stripe Linen Tunic size 2. This is my normal size in these tops/tunics. Normally I wear size 4 in shirts. I have the thinner version of the Stripe Popover from last year and I have worn it a lot. This year's is a bit thicker and not at all see-through. I liked it quite a bit.


Lastly, the Linen Beaded Sweater size XS. This is one size smaller than I normally wear in JC sweaters. The sweater has a substantial weight to it due to the rows of beads sewn onto it.

 
Linen Beaded Sweater (similar here, here)

That's all for now. I was told our local store will have new arrivals on the floor on Monday morning. Hopefully I can find some time next week to go check them out.

The 'vacation' sale continues at JC through tomorrow night. Select items are 40% off, prices as marked. B&M stores are also offering 30% off their sale stock. Some of my favourites are:

Eyelet dot tank (IRL photo here)

Will you be getting anything this sale? Please share!

Have a great weekend, everyone!


2 comments:

  1. I thought the beaded sweater was pretty, but I didn't try it on. I wish the linen cap-sleeve dress fit better on me because I do like it. Thanks for sharing reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, gigi! Yes, the beaded sweater is really cute in real life. I hear you about the sleeves.... Same here. Thanks for popping by!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.