Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Gap - June

This past weekend CC and I met up and hit the Gap (as well as JC). All the summer stock is out, and there are lots to choose from. It was hard to pick favourites, but I managed to narrow them down to a few for this post. First, the Novelty Knit Sweater size S in 'bright mandarin' and 'blue galaxy.' There is also a white one as well. The sweater is all cotton and machine washable and looks more orange than the top photo suggests. The pants are the Modern Boot Pants size 4. See below for more on these.

Novelty Knit Sweater (similar here, here, here)
 Modern Boot Pants 

The knit of the sweater is very pretty and here's a close-up of it:


Side view of the Modern Boot Pants. I am wearing size 4 'ankle' length. They are short on me at 5'6", even in flats. I would go for 'regular' which are 2.5 inches longer, or 'long', 2 inches longer than regular. Usually I wear a 34" inseam with heels. They are all cotton and machine washable as well.


 Modern Boot Pants (similar here, here, here)

Slub Pocket Pullover size S is a cotton and rayon mix and fits large. This colour is called 'motorcross khaki,' but it comes in 8 others, if you are interested. In general, I stay away from V-necks as I don't think they are flattering on me. I prefer boatnecks for myself. The Striped Boyfriend Roll-Up Shorts are size 2 and I prefer them not rolled up so they fit more like bermudas. They are well made, of cotton, and they come in a blue stripe as well. The stripes line up at the side seam.

 Slub Pocket Pullover (similar here, here, here)

Striped Boyfriend Roll-Up Shorts (similar here, here)
Cork Crisscross Wedges

The same  Striped Boyfriend Roll-Up Shorts in size 4, this time worn with a white 1969 Denim Jacket size S.


The Cork Crisscross Wedges are size 8, my regular shoe size. They look great in real life and their real colour is closer to the one in the top photo. They are comfortable to walk in and the straps don't cut into my skin. The platform is padded and lined with fabric.

 
That's about it for now. What do you think of the summer stock at the Gap? Please share!

Thanks for coming by, and have a great Wednesday, everyone!



11 comments:

  1. The criss cross wedges look fantastic, I will need to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the orange sweater/white trouser combo - so fun and summer fresh! i also really like the white jean jacket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like pairing brighttops with white bottoms in the summer too!

      Delete
  3. I am trying so hard to just look away..look away. Everything looks cute on you. Love the boot pants. Nice butt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't shopped at the Gap in 15 or more years. But just this summer I've spotted some nice things there. I loved their soft chambray shirt which I style worn open and tied at the waist over a black strappy maxi dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are turning things around these days. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. Those are definitely a must have! I simply love the cork wedge that you have posted. It makes me taller with wedges and it makes me feel sassy just a little bit. And those are quite affordable too! Great pick! Hope you could feature other accessories on your blog site. That would really be fabulous!


    Please visit My Website: Online PhD in Business Administration

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.