Monday, June 24, 2013

Banana Republic - June

This past weekend I stopped at Banana Republic on my way home from the big celebration on Broadway. I've been wanting to check out (what was left of) the Milly Collection for a long time. I blogged about it here before. The Milly Collection Circle Embroidered Skirt (size 4) was a must see since I like skirts, and especially embroidered ones. It's all cotton and on the short side on me, at 5'6". I would choose the Tall version, which is 2 inches longer. The sweater is the Milly Collection Crew-Neck Pullover size S and 'new coral.' It is also all cotton and comes in 2 other colours ('white' and 'lemon lime'). 

 
 Milly Collection Crew-Neck Pullover 
 (Similar here, here, short-sleeved here, here)
Milly Collection Circle Embroidered Skirt (similar here)

Next is the Milly Collection Green Printed Skirt (also size 4) fits similarly to the one above, except it has a bit of stretch in the content. Again, I would opt for the Tall version if I wanted to gain 2 inches in length. 


White Sateen Blazer size 6 is one size larger than I normally wear in jackets. It's cotton 98%/elastane 2% and it seems very well made. The jacket is fully lined, and the lining has a coral piping all around.  I liked this jacket quite a bit, as it looks nice with a bright skirt such as the Circle Eyelet from J. Crew which I got last year at the end of the season for a mere $14.99.


Lastly, my favourite piece, the White Military Blazer, also size 6. This jacket is all cotton, fully lined, and has pretty buttons. The piping is bright red. The best part of all, it is currently on sale. With BR having additional discounts at least once a week, this price could be brought down even more, if you wish to get it.


I have a few more photos for a future post. Code SAVE30BR will give you 30% off full-priced items through June 26 if shopping online. It seems every retailer has some kind of sale every day of the week. Personally, I am getting a bit dizzy and am shopped out. How about you?

Have a great day tomorrow, everyone!

8 comments:

  1. I love that military blazer, it looks amazing on you Rose. Same for the embroidered skirt. The collaborations are a great way for a brand to stretch their creativity a bit and see what works in a different direction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, xoxo! I liked the BR collaborations so far, and I agree with you.

      Delete
  2. Love both the skirts on you, but the Military Blazer is absolutely stellar! Hope you snagged it :) (not to enable or anything...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paula! Not yet... (no, of course not ;).

      Delete
  3. I like the green printed skirt. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty skirt! Thanks for dropping by, gigi!

      Delete
  4. Hi Rose. I have both of those Milly skirts on my wish list but I am waiting for a markdown and more gap reward dollars to arrive. I especially like the embroidered circle one so that will be the next purchase. All three colors of that sweater are on my list too. My list has been long on the Milly collection. I recommend the tipped blouses, the shorts, the medallion print popovers ( even though they are poly) all of which I've bought already and the Eden rock dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats's quite a list, but if you like them, you will probably wear them for a long, long time!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.