Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Banana Republic - June (II)

As promised, I have a few more photos from my most recent BR visit. I have tried the Soft-Wash Linen-Cotton Shirt back in May and loved it back then too. The linen 55%/cotton 45% content is a nice combination. The garment doesn't wrinkle the way pure linen usually does and it is quite soft and comfortable against the skin. Accidentally I took a size XS, which is obviously too small for me around the chest area, so my usual size S would work.

 
The one below is the striped version - the Soft-Wash Striped Linen-Cotton Shirt size S and  loved this one as well. It's made from the same soft, comfortable fabric and it's currently on sale in stores:


One more linen/cotton shirt, this time the Soft-Wash Gingham Shirt size S and 'granite blue.' I liked this one a lot too. It had the lowest price of all, at $42.99 Cdn. Combine that with a weekly promo and it could come down even further. The sleeve on this one was way longer than on the other 2 shirts, for some reason, as you can see from the photo.


Lastly, some jewelry caught my eye just as I was leaving the store. Please excuse the blurry photo. If you zoom in on the BR photo, you can see it is made of navy plastic and metal pieces. It looks quite nicely and I would stack a couple of the same or in one of the three colours they come in.


Candy Rondelle Bracelet

What else looked good? The Silver Link Bracelet:

Silver Link Bracelet


As always, thanks for stopping by and have a great end of the week, everyone!


9 comments:

  1. Hey Rose - like the blouses - but REALLY like the silver link bracelet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm...I love pairing the chambray blues with that citron colour- I really like the pale striped top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! I love all the chambray this year!

      Delete
  3. An old post I know. I have the BR soft wash linen shirt in blue...with pants do you think it should have a belt? Any idea how to style it? Left out is okay? I need to wear this more but not sure how to style it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A belt will always give you a more polished look, in my opinion. I have worn shirts over a skirt, also belted, and looks good too. Usually when I wear a shirt untucked, I also have a pullover of some kind over the shirt. If you want to see that look, search for the Port of Call sweatshirt on my blog. I also have an untucked shirt with a belt over, but i have to search for the name of the shirt. HTH

      Delete
    2. Search for Polly popover or stripe popover. Some posts from 2012 will have those photos. Hope you like the look.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.